Pregnant after 35
Options

Okay, tacky or not.

Those of you working on DC # 2...

My girlfriend keeps asking me if I've registered yet.    I thought that you weren't SUPPOSED to register for gifts for a second child!   Sure, there are things i need.   I had to toss all my bottles (BPA issues) from the first pregnancy, and that's going to be pricey, and there are a few other things I need to get (a new swing - ours some how met its demise in storage in our attic, a cover for our infant seat - again, storage rip issues, etc), but I *kind* of figured it was my responsibility?  

I guess if the relatives wanted to get something for us for DD #2, it'd be good if they knew what we needed but.. I don't know..

What say you, ladies?  Tacky to register again, or no?

thanks!

Christine

Re: Okay, tacky or not.

• Options
    I don't think we are going to register.  I don't know if I'd say "tacky", but I wouldn't want someone I know randomly coming across my registry and whispering about it to anyone.  I guess I'm just going to keep a list of things I need so that if people ask us, we can tell them.  I will say I know plenty of people that have registered, but not shared it, just for the registry completion bonuses, etc.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

Two words: Completion Coupon!

My family doesn't do second showers, but DH's side does and threw me one over Thanksgiving weekend.  I wasn't supposed to know about it, but he told me so we could register.  I went ahead and put inexpensive items (ie bottles) on there so people would have an idea and after the shower I put everything we wanted/needed (not much) so I could use the completion coupon.  I honestly think there were 10 items and they were all under $10.

No one looked at it anyway.  Go ahead and register for want you want/need.  If anything, you can get the discount later.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not working on #2, but I have had plenty of friends who have two or more children. 

A couple of people DID register, probably for the reason the pp's mentioned, about the completion discount.

My friends and I even held a shower for a girl for her second pregnancy - because her family was in Germany, and her husband's family were all in India. 

It was at my house, low-key, no one was obligated to give gifts, and we had fun.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just recently created an registry at BRU that has essentials only - diapers, diaper cream, bottles (same BPA issue), a boy blanket, and a JJ Cole thingy for the car seat, and that's about it. I just did it online without going into the store.

I don't want a shower although have had 2 friends offer but I do know that people will still buy us stuff. I figure it can't be too wrong to give them some ideas if they even check for a registry, but I'm not going to run around telling people I'm registered.

BTW, my DD is Maggie as well - May 2, 2007.

• Options

I put together a registry only to keep track of the couple of things we do need.  This is our 2nd and just found out it's another girl.  I have kept everything from DD (she's almost 5) because my bro and sil are trying to adopt a girl so as far as clothing and the "big stuff" goes we don't need much. We will need a crib though, DD's was a piece of poop.

Also, my job right now wasn't the job I had when I had DD and I'm the only one in the dept pg.  My direct boss had her first grandchild so we gave her a Nana-shower so I figure they might do something for me - they are very sweet like that.  But I fully expect to be buying most everything myself.

• Options
    Ditto trixiebelden -- completion coupon!!!  So I'm not registering for every little thing I'll need (like I can get the diapers cheaper at Target even with the coupon).  But I'll probably put my big ticket items I intend to buy from them on there and just not tell anyone.  I'm not having a shower or anything so not a huge deal.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

SO you all have me curiuos about this completion coupon. It'll be my first & I haven't registered yet but I'll throw my two cents in. I think it's ok if say your co-workers want to give you a shower because maybe you weren't there during your 1st pregnancy.

Whenever my friends or family gave birth to a child other than the first, if I were to go visit, I would bring a gift regardless, wether a bag of diapers or even just an outfit. Nothing as expensive or big as I would do for a shower for their first, but it's just a nice gesture.

I feel the same way as you-anything after the 1st is your responsibility. If someone wants to give-great, but I'd feel like people would think I am greedy & expecting that they get me stuff if I'd register. Just make sure to let family members know some stuff you may need & I'm sure if they can't figure it out on their own, they'll ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i regsistered- but just to get the discounts for myself :)  and so i would have a place to keep a list of what we needed.... if someone finds it and buys us a gift off of it- that's nice- but i'm not advertising that i have a registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"