Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

how to hang wall letter w/o ribbons...

Hi,

Did anyone hang their letters on the wall without ribbons? 

Re: how to hang wall letter w/o ribbons...

• Options
    we got that heavy duty double sided tape you can get at the hardware store. the letters are definitely not moving and it was nice to avoid drilling holes in the walls (we would have needed roughly 2 holes per letter).
  • Options
    The wall letters we got were from walmart and I painted them the way I wanted.. anyways they had a place on the back for nails. Instead of nails I was able to use thumb tacks (we live in military housing and I didn't want to put huge holes in the walls).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I nailed flat mounting hooks to the back of our letters....PIB (of the letters on the wall, not of the mounting hooks). They hung a bit loosely, so I took them down and rehung them using the double sided mounting tape. That works a lot better and they look really good that way. With the mounting hooks they slid crooked too easily.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We are also going to use double sided mounting tape so we don't have to put any holes in the walls.
  • Options
    I see you have a boy I guess that is why you don't want ribbons :)  What is your nursery theme?  This may give you some ideas.  If it were nautical you could use rope, if it were jungle then some faux vine would be cool. 
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone. You all have given me lots of options to think about :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"