Baby Showers
Options

28 weeks?

Is 28 weeks too early for the shower? My mom called & after consulting with a lot of family the general feeling was that holiday weekend, American or Canadian, and pretty much summer weekends in general did not work well as a lot of people camp, cottage, travel etc. So now my mom wants to have the shower June 7th, I will be 28 wks 4 days. Is this too early? She wants to do it before summer vacation starts...thanks ladies...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 28 weeks?

• Options
    I don't think it's too early.  Sometimes you just have to work with people's schedules.  I had one at 25 weeks, because I had a lot of out of town people in for the holidays and they wanted to be able to come.
  • Options
    I think once you hit the 3rd trimester (27 weeks) no time is too early, only too late. If it's the best date for everyone, then it's certainly OK.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't even bat an eye at going to a shower for someone who will be 28 weeks.  If that is what works for everyone, then do it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, it will be fine!  What ever works- works- KWIM?  Many ppl do them 2 months before now, the month before sometimes is too overwhelming, and you want things done by then. 
  • Options
    I think it's fine.  I went to a shower and the mommy to be was only 24 weeks.  Her parents were moving out of state and they wanted to have it before the move and also before the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas).

• Options
    My Mom threw one for me at 28 weeks and it was perfect! I wasn't too huge but still had a belly and really enjoyed myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"