Adoption

I just need to post

I have nothing more important or significant to say about the length of the process the irritation with the system the agony of the waiting...I'm just having one of those days where I need to have contact with others who are going through the same thing as me!

We have been at this nearly 5 months and don't even have our HS scheduled yet. Why is the paperwork spoon fed? If it was given to us all at once we could have had it done in no time!!! Everything of ours is in and we're just waiting for the agency director to read and approve so we can get our HS scheduled?

Rationally I know this is a VERY important process and all these steps need to be taken but emotionally I can't stand it!

That's all - just needed to be heard. Peace out!

Re: I just need to post

• I'm sorry, Beach!  I know the frustration you are feeling.

And I know that others in your life may not.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "it's just (an) extra day/couple of days/week(s)/month(s)" from people I've confided in.  That's when I point out that it all adds up, that we are already 11 months into the process and are staring down the barrel at another year to 18 months, and that each extra day/couple of days/week(s)/month(s), is (an) extra day/couple of days/week(s)/month(s)that our child will be in an orphanage, wondering if he is unlovable.

You can always come here to vent and find camaraderie from others who know what you are going through and how you feel.

Also, if it helps any, our paperwork was not spoon-fed to us, and we turned it around extremely quickly, but we still waited forever for the agency to go through it all, schedule and complete the homestudy.

• I remember that frustration too.  It seems like every time we get done what is required of us and hand it off to someone who just needs to sign it (ok, I know there's more to it than that), they can't find their pen *sarcasm*
    I also know what you mean, CS, about people not understanding if they're on the outside looking in.  My 'favorite' was "well it takes 9 months the other way..."  As if that was supposed to make me feel like my life was just skating along.  I don't have that comment anymore cuz I can share that we've actually been at it that long already.
    And, Beach, vent anytime!!!!!  there's nothing we can do or no great advice we can give sometimes, but we're all here and we 'get it'
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. It is very nice to know that what I say is received by people who get it. Being gotten has become more important that I have ever thought.
  • I lost it one day w/my on-line friends.  They were chatting about the octuplets, etc.  There was a strong reaction to someone questioning whether or not it was right.  The convo went back and forth....and I eventually lost it.  I was beside myself w/all of my on-line sisters saying that it's a woman's right to have as many babies as she wants and the govt should never interfere when all I could think about was how hard and how govt agencies do get to interfere w/the adoption and fost/adopt process.

I said something irrational...and i think I scared everyone ;)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"