Indiana Babies
Options

wow on wedding stuff lol

I just looked at my wedding photographer's website (zeta-alphastudio.com) and the package I got for our wedding is now $3995!  holy crap, it was only $2495 back in the day haha! 

has anyone looked at prices comparable to your own wedding?

Re: wow on wedding stuff lol

• Options
    We also used Matthew and I  had the same reaction when I saw that. He's actually been at $3995 for over a year now. Crazy! If you think about it, though, his pricing is still competitive with other photogs in the area, though there seem to be lots more small companies starting up that are cheaper.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Isn't it crazy?  Our wedding was 2 years ago (just a couple weeks until our anniversary!) and prices have dramatically increased.

Photographer - Bobbi + Mike = We paid under $3,000 which included their travel to Evansville.  It's hard to match up exactly since our package was different than what they are currently listing, but it's probably closest to the $5,500 package, but also included an engagement session ($275).

Reception Venue = We got really lucky and booked our reception right after they opened a new clubhouse, so we received excellent rates.  The food & beverage prices have doubled and the room rental and setup fees have gone up considerably.

I'm glad I'm done with wedding stuff Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNDwife07:
    We also used Matthew and I  had the same reaction when I saw that. He's actually been at $3995 for over a year now. Crazy! If you think about it, though, his pricing is still competitive with other photogs in the area, though there seem to be lots more small companies starting up that are cheaper.

I honestly haven't looked at anything wedding related since our wedding.  I was soooo over planning when it was over.  So I don't know why I randomly looked, but shoot!  I can't believe people pay that much!  Was it the 2495 when you got married?  I think you were the year after us, so didn't know if it went up between that time.

• Options
    imagemcwifey:

imageNDwife07:

I honestly haven't looked at anything wedding related since our wedding.  I was soooo over planning when it was over.  So I don't know why I randomly looked, but shoot!  I can't believe people pay that much!  Was it the 2495 when you got married?  I think you were the year after us, so didn't know if it went up between that time.

Yep, it was $2495 when we booked (March 2006 for our June 2007 wedding). By the time we got married, in 2007, the price was already up to $3495, and now it's $3995.

My MOH, who is getting married at ND in May, showed me the price list for the Palais Royale and for a few bakeries and I about had a heart attack. People say the cost of college tuition is rising faster than inflation, but weddings are much worse!

• Options

Kelley - when we got married in '06, Bobbi and Mike were just starting out I guess. I talked to her while we were shooting my boudoir pics about how incredibly disappointed I was with my wedding pictures, especially when compared with their work. I had only paid $800 for the photog, so really you pay for what you get. I was sooo green when it came to all that stuff. I booked before I went to the Knot. ANYHOW, Bobbi said that's all she and Mike were charging at the time. I literally could've vomitted. Haha Smile So to think some packages are now in the $5,000 range is astounding! You and Jake got married the year after Abe and me, so that increase was even surprising!

Prices change so quickly!

• Options
    Jac, I also contacted Bobbi in 2006 for our wedding (6/07), and at the time she had a pretty sweet package deal for about $1200. Except I had such a hard time trying to meet her for a consult that I got a horrible first impression and decided not to book them. Who knew?
  • Options
    It's crazy how much the prices go up!
  • Options
    I have no clue how much our photog charges now, we got his '05 rate of $500, nice guy does it on the side. ?My sisters photog jumped quite a bit. ?I think they got him for about $1600 for 8/07. ?Her BIL got married 5/08 and he had gone up to $2400 I think.
  • Options

We used Anne Ruthmann and got our package for $800.  Her packages now start out at $5000, it's amazing what three years can do. 

https://anneruthmann.com/index2b.php

• Options
    imagejac*n*abe:

Kelley - when we got married in '06, Bobbi and Mike were just starting out I guess. I talked to her while we were shooting my boudoir pics about how incredibly disappointed I was with my wedding pictures, especially when compared with their work. I had only paid $800 for the photog, so really you pay for what you get. I was sooo green when it came to all that stuff. I booked before I went to the Knot. ANYHOW, Bobbi said that's all she and Mike were charging at the time. I literally could've vomitted. Haha Smile So to think some packages are now in the $5,000 range is astounding! You and Jake got married the year after Abe and me, so that increase was even surprising!

Prices change so quickly!

WOW!  So they went from $800 in '06 to their highest package being $8,500 in '09.  Good for them, but I'm certainly glad I got in on the lower end.  The more I think about it too it was around $2,500 for us.  It feels like so long ago!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"