Blended Families
Options

MIL on our last nerve ( VENT )

Ok, She originally said that we can have the kids for the summer and that as soon as they get out from school she is bringing them up. Now she told DH today that she has enrolled them in some summer camps and other activity programs. I think she does not want to give DH his kids back. She is secretly jealous that he is doing good, on his feet and is ready for his kids. She died when DH told her he is getting 2 thousand back in taxes and he runs his own business, she did not like that at all. She hates him but I am bewildered by it, how can a mother hate her son the way she hates DH. Personally I think she only wants the money and benefits she can get from them if she gets to keep the kids, which shows me how triffling and dirty she is. She ended up telling him that she will still bring them for 2 weeks in the summer but personally I wonder if she will keep her word.

Re: MIL on our last nerve ( VENT )

• Options
    Ok, why does she have custody in the first place?  Also, why is your DH telling her about his tax return?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What does your DH's past hold, that his own mom is so shocked that he is now becoming a productive member of society? ?How is it that he lost custody of his own kids to his mom? ?I'm guessing he (and you) should be grateful to her for stepping in to raise the kids when their parents failed to do their job. ????
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There seems to be a lot of background here that we are missing....
  • Options

imageodear:
    There seems to be a lot of background here that we are missing....

Uh ditto. So far your MIL is coming off as the sane one.

• Options
    I've got to agree with the others!!!  Something is definatley not right about that situation!
  • Options
    Does MIL have legal custody?  If so, why?  You mention that she gets money and benefits from keeping the kids.  What are these?  Advice and sympathy are much better offered if we understand the entire situation.

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
    hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
    April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
    Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
    Best April Fool's Day ever!
    Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
    Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
    Please be our take home baby.

• Options
    Also i'm still how many times you've met these kids.
  • Options
    Still wondering that is
  • Options
    Your previous post vs. this one, are so at opposite ends of the spectrum....which makes me wonder,just like the others, what exactly is the rest of the story.

So, if you really want advice, it is best to just get it out there, otherwise no one can really tell you what to do, or help you.
  • Options
    *snort* You're a mother to kids you've met how many times? *giggle*
  • Options

I have to agree with the other ladies something BIG seems to be missing from your story.  I am sorry but I also think calling your MIL triffling and dirty when SHE is the one raising these kids and GOD FORBID put them into summer camps and activities during their vacation is a little low on your part, could it be that the kids WANTED to do these things? 

So, WHY doesn't your DH have custody?  What kind of business does he run out of curiosity. 

• Options

This was totally a post and run.  Really, if you help us out with some backgroud we will do our best to help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"