Preemies
Options

Formula to WCM - when?

I mentioned to Max's PT this morning that I'd read somewhere about keeping preemies on formula to about 16 months actual and she was surprised! She said she hadn't heard about really any staying on formula past 12 mo. adjusted, and that they really encourage WCM instead at 12 mo, sometimes even 12 mo actual.

When did you switch, or when are you planning to?

Re: Formula to WCM - when?

• Options
    Our pedi said he wouldn't consider it until her adjusted birthday...and he didn't make any promises about that date either.  I guess it just depends on her growth.
  • Options
    Our pedi had us make the switch at 12 months actual.  We started about a week after that and took it very slowly.  One oz switched out per bottle per day.  The NICU's high risk follow up feeding clinic we go to thought that was fine.  DD is around 10% for her actual weight and length and between 25 - 50 % for her adjusted age.  They haven't shown any concern over this.  She is now 15 months + actual and getting close to 13 months adjusted. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we on formula till next tuesday (3/3) which is their adjusted 12 months. ?they're 15.5 actual and our pedi said we could switch to WCM at 12 months actual but our neonatologist advised us to stay on formula till 12 months adjusted. ?HTH. ?in actuality...another 3.5 months was nothing. ?in my heart i didn't think it was right to switch to WCM at 12 months actual. ?they do everything based on their adjusted age...so this made sense. ?still, i think itll be strange to give it up.
  • Options
    The plan was to do it at 12 months adjusted but he was such a non-eater as far as food went and still really underweight that we kept him on formula (EnfaCare) until 18 months. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"