Indiana Babies
Options

aw's

-Andrew took his entire bottle for the 1st time last night! (And they upped his feeding volume yesterday)

-Andrew bf today, with the help of a nipple shield, but still.  He sucked more consistently than I've ever seen him before for a whole 10 minutes.  And I noticed he is a lot more alert today..I think he's getting stronger and feeding isn't taking so much out of him.

-Andrew is coming out of his isolette Monday

-They are most likely going to start weaning Andrew off of his nasal cannula (sp?) Monday...which means he would be breathing completely on his own and NO additional oxygen!!!  (He's been on room air almost all of the time now.)

-He has his 2 month vaccinations in a couple days

-I'm getting so anxious to have him home.  He's doing SO well!!

Re: aw's

• Options

awesome! awesome! awesome!

And your siggy says he's up to 4 lbs 8 oz! 

I cannot remember, when are the docs projecting he'll be able to go home? his EDD?

• Options
    Those things are so awesome, and he is going to be so much fun to finally have home with you.  Are you taking some additional time off of work once he comes home?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The doctors will never tell you!  They don't want to give your hopes up.  Their vague/standard answer is "we target to have them home before their EDD"...but I know that usually they are home before that ~36 weeks.

At this point it really just depends how fast and how well he learns to eat!

At a minimum, I am planning to take the remaining 6 weeks of FMLA.  Honestly, after that, I don't know...I've been putting it off partly because we want to know how he'll be when he comes home.  If he has to come home on oxygen (hopefully not) then I'd feel more comfortable if I were there with him.  We can't put him in daycare, and if he's doing well I'd like to go back part time.  But we haven't started looking for a nanny or anything.  I may see if I can extend my time off to let him get a little bigger and stronger before I go back, and also use that time to look for a nanny!

• Options

Yay!!!

He seems to be progressing (and growing!) SO quickly - I'm sure he will be home before you know it!!! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kathy, this is all so great!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yey!  he's doing awesome!  he's totally going to make it before DomerBaby!  Smile

If my belly is anything to go by we might outweigh him by double though!  LOL

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    ha!  And if domerbaby is double Andrew's current weight...he would be quadruple his birth weight!! :-)
  • Options
    Oh Kathy, he's getting so close.  I think he'll definately be home before you know it.  When the boys came home we know the possibility was there that anyday they could come home, they just had to take their feedings for a whole 24hours.  One day we came in and they just said how would you like to take two babies home with you todaySmile
  • Options

Oh Kathy - that is awesome!  Yay for all of his accomplishments.  Time seems to be flying by (although I'm sure you have a much dfferent stance on that) and he is growing so much.  He really really has filled out in this sig pic.  Monday is going to be a big day for him - no isolette or nasal cannula.  He will do awesome with both, I'm sure :)

• Options
    He's doing so well, its all such great news. Yay Andrew!
  • Options
    wow, he is amazing and strong little boy.  I love reading about him!
  • Options
    It sounds like he's clearing the last of the hurdles for getting home! ?Yay Andrew! ?I'll keep you guys are in my prayers.
  • Options
    wow Kathy that is all such great news!
  • Options
    That all sound super!!! I am glad he is doing so well and I agree, he will be home before you know it.
  • Options
    Oh, Kathy! He's getting soooo big! He's going to be home so soon Smile So exciting!
  • Options
    WOW - so amazing the progress he has made. I can't imagine how excited you must be. Congrats to the whole family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I swear to you, -- if only you could feel the joy coming from my heart to you!!!  I saw your blog with the new pics today and started bawling.  He just looks so healthy and big!!  I know I say this every time, but I just can't get over how amazing life is and how complex our bodies are and how much they grow and change and thrive.  Just amazing to me.
  • Options

All so exciting! I bet it was satisfying to have him bf'ing!

He's so going to beat DomerBaby....

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Argh, he's doing so well I can hardly stand it. ;) hehe

My coworker's stepdaughter gave birth (via c/s) to a 9 lb 10 oz baby today - can you freakin' imagine??!!

• Options

That is absolutely wonderful news!  He is getting so strong...YAY.

Amy

• Options
    Kathy that is all wonderful news!!  Yay!!
  • Options
    Yay! I am so happy that things are going great! All wonderful news Kathy!!!
  • Options
    I get so excited every time I see you post a new milestone for Andrew.  He's such a strong little man.  He'll be home before you know it.  I'm sure you can't wait for that day.  :)
  • Options
    Yay Andrew!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"