Working Moms
Options

DS starts daycare tomorrow

DS starts daycare tomorrow and I'm so sad. I really like where we are sending him and his "teacher" is really great (from what I've seen). I got great recommendations/references from other parents who send their ?children there --- so I'm comfortable with the thought that he will be getting excellent care. I'm just really sad that I won't be with him all day long anymore. I know I'll shed some tears tomorrow...and possible the days following. I just wanted to know when it gets better for the parents?

Re: DS starts daycare tomorrow

• Options

We started our daughter in DC the Wednesday before I went back to work on a Monday so that we would have a few days with me available if she needed me.  The first day was awful - I think she picked up on my anxiety and got anxious too and neither one of us got any sleep the night before.  She was fussy all morning and started crying when I handed her over, which started me crying.  The teachers at the daycare were great - they assured me I could call as much as I wanted, and they were so sweet with her.  I would say that first first partial week sucked, and I still don't love the idea of her staying with someone else all day, but it got better by the time I had to go back to work.  They are great at communicating with the parents, and it also helps that my husband does the drop offs so I get to say my goodbyes at home rather than at DC.

No way around it, it sucks and it's hard but if you have a good rapport with his teachers that's half the battle.  GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

It is hard, but it does get better. I still have days where I really miss my kids and feel really guilty, but at this point, we really have no choice financially. So, there is no use in fretting and feeling too sorry. My kids love their teachers and that makes a world of a difference to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD has been in daycare for 6 months and I still have days when I wish I was at home with her. I think it started to get better after the first couple of weeks, and around the time she turned 6 months, I noticed that she was starting to "make friends" with some other babies there and saw how happy she was playing all day, so I felt much better about it then. Plus it totally makes my day when I show up to get her in the evenings and she sees me and starts grinning ear to ear :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options

It does get easier! The first while was hard because it's an adjustment all around - to daycare and to being back at work. All I can tell you is to embrace the chaos, and call to check in as needed.

18 months into it, my DD loves it. She's always so excited to see me at the end of the day, but some days it takes us 30 minutes to get out of there because she wants to show me things she played with.

One thing I found that really helped was spending 10 - 15 minutes in the room at the end of the day talking to the teachers and playing with DD. I felt like I got to know the teachers better (I asked about their own families) and as a result, they felt like I saw them as people and we partnered really well together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"