Alabama Babies

Is there a list...

Ok, so I am trying to start thinking about things to register for and I am clueless. Do any of you experienced moms have like a list of things you liked/didn't like that you might have registered for or received as a gift?

Re: Is there a list...

• Oh if you don't mind I am going to watch this post to store away for a few months :)  There is so much out there that it's like what do you really need and what is just a luxury type thing you know!
  • I found Target's registry list very helpful! It has a list of needs and a list of nice to haves. :o)

• Loading the player...
  • This is what worked for us. 

- Swaddlers Sensitive Diapers - they have a line that indicates if they are wet or not

- Gerber brand onesies - when Avery was newborn, these are the only ones that fit her

- If you're breastfeeding, Lasinoh Lanolin for your nipples.  Lasinoh brand bags for milk storage.  I prefer these over the medela ones

- Soothie Pacifiers.  Avery still won't take anything else

- Aveeno Diaper rash cream

- Exergen Temporal Thermometer - great for a quick temp read without having to do a rectal

- Bath sponge - one that is usually shaped like a bear? we still use it in Avery's tub.

- LOTS of little washcloths.  We used them as "wipes" when she was teeny because the diaper wipes gave her a rash

- Boppy pillow - we have two - one for the living room, one for the bedroom

- Vaseline - makes great diaper rash cream and use it to lube up the therm.

- FAST rectal thermometer - I think we have a Safety First brand one - and therm covers 

- Gripe Water - works better than the mylicon for Avery and I like it because it's natural and not some medicine

- baby tylenol

- at least two changing covers and lap pads - you'll need these :) 

- Baby K'tan carrier (or moby - I preferred the k'tan over the Moby) - I wish I had this from day one - you can use them when they are newborn even. 

• imagesdkrlm:

This is what worked for us. 

- Swaddlers Sensitive Diapers - they have a line that indicates if they are wet or not....The regular New Baby Swaddlers also have the wetness indicator

- Gerber brand onesies - when Avery was newborn, these are the only ones that fit her....DITTO!!!

- If you're breastfeeding, Lasinoh Lanolin for your nipples.  Lasinoh brand bags for milk storage.  I prefer these over the medela ones...DITTO!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Things we definitely use...
    • Pampers Swaddlers-New Baby
    • I personally like Huggies wipes over Pampers
    • Desitin
    • Children's Tylenol/Mylicon
    • Lots of the plain, white burp cloths
    • Boppy
    • He lives in his FP Rainforest Craddle Swing
    • We really like Dr. Brown's bottles
    • The things Sarah said (Gerber onesies, Lansinoh products)
    • I have the Lansinoh pump from Walmart and have no complaints
    • We have the 3 moms tub, and it is great!  It has a temp. gauge on it that is awesome.  You always know the water temp.
    • Sleep sacks (he doesn't like to be swaddled)
    • I would also get a couple of preemie outfits.  Jackson wasn't a preemie, but was smaller and Newborn didn't fit him off the bat.
    • Cotton balls and alcohol for cleaning the cord stump
    • Look for clothes that have the sleeves that fold over (so they don't scratch their face)
    • Jackson will only take NUK pacifiers
    • Free and clear laundry detergent (Pedi. told us this was OK rather than splurging on Dreft)
    Things we don't use/returned
    • Bottle warmer
    • Diaper Genie
    That is all I can think of...If I think of more, I'll post!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have asked a couple of similar questions... here are the links to the posts.  I got some helpful answers.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/10183952.aspx

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/9945076.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"