Health & Exercise
Options

WW who needs some help

I'm a WW, and I have been trying to lose my last 20 pounds for quite some time now. I seem to have gotten in a rut and can't get out. If anyone has some good advice for me I am open to suggestion.

Re: WW who needs some help

• Options

First, are you accurately recording everything you eat - even nibbles, tastes, pieces?  Are you measuring your food or guessing on your food?

Second, are you meeting your points totals for the day or not?  Are you sure you are at an accurate target for each day?

Third, tell me what you are doing regularly with your flex points?  Do you use them randomly, do you distribute them evenly, do you use them all each week?

Fourth, tell me about your exercise habits.  How many activity points are you earning each week?  Do you swap your activity points for food points?  If so, how often?

Fifth, do you meet your good health checks each day?

Let me know, and then I can give you some better advice.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    To be honest, I have been slacking just a little. I think I just needed some support and to know that there are other people out there going through the same things I am. I have been trying to stay motivated, especially since I don't want to TTC until I get to my goal weight. Thank you for  replying and sharing your advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Gotcha!  Well, if slacking is your problem, I honestly don't know what to tell you.  I totally suck sometimes (today being one of them!).  I do know that if you can take your motivation to ttc and transform that into really working the plan you will see some success.  Even tweaking your eating so that you are hitting your target points can make a big difference.

How close to your goals are you?  Are you working out?  I see the best results when I am working out consistently.  GL!

My Blog

• Options
    im kinda in the same boat as you - i keep wondering why the scale wont move, but when i sit back and think about it i realize that i havent exactly been following the plan! my best advice is to follow the plan more closely and just kick it up a notch- if you eat the same thing every day try eating some new and different things - that always works for me! also make sure you get all your water in for the day!!  Yes
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Isn't it funny how you know what you need to do, but just can't get your butt in gear and do it? I have lost 23 pounds, you would think THAT would be motivation enough to keep me going. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one in a little bit of a rut Embarrassed
  • Options

I lost 35 pounds last year on WW, and then we started ttc and it was like I could only focus on one thing at a time.  Though our exercise slipping was the worst part.  Then stress eating between work and feeling out of control with ttc.  When I finally started to reign it back in, I'd already gained back about 20 pounds.  Then I got pregnant.  I ate pretty well before I miscarried, but until I was firmly diagnosed with and treated for the ectopic, I couldn't get back into that mindset of really trying to lose.

Even now, I'm struggling with getting back to exercising.  I've been promising to do it for nearly a month now, but it keeps slipping through the cracks.  I will have to get serious soon if I really hope to lose 20 pounds before I can get pregnant again, since we'll be ttc again in about a month.

It's all just hard.  None of it is easy.  You start to get tired of always counting, always measuring, always weighing what you want against what you can eat.  Even when some things become second nature - like reaching for water instead of soda or juice or planning to make sure you eat all your veggies - it's easy to start to resent that and get bored.  

Last night was hard for me - I really wanted to stay in points for they day, and not use any Flex points (I didn't want to use any before Friday, but screwed that up royally on Monday by my inability to do simple math).  I was perfectly on target.  But I really, really wanted something else.  And I sat and battled with myself and felt really resentful about it.  I feel resentful about giving time up to go work out, which I hate doing, even if it's good for you.

It's easy to get tired of it, bored, feel ready to be done and the motivations just seem like platitudes then, don't they?  One thing that really helped me when I was most successful was to remind myself exactly why I was doing it and ask myself as I plugged away on the treadmill what was most important to me - Taco Bell for one meal or having a baby and having a shot at birthing outside a hospital?  That answer was easy enough.

It doesn't always work for me, but I can tell you - don't give up!  It is SO worth it in the end.

My Blog

• Options
    i think WW is the best way to get on track.  i am grossly overweight and trying really hard to get down so I will have a healthy pregnancy (when the time comes).  I agree that it is hard and you get tired of it all.  support is one thing you REALLY need.  I really need it too.  i have very little will power.  i am trying to motivate myself with TTC and setting weight goals but it is hard.  if there are many of us on here, we should have some kind of support...like WW where we have to check in and weigh in on certain days...that might help.
  • Options
    i do think that one thing that helps keep me on track is having some sort of accountability - we are having a weight loss competion at my work, and it helps to keep me in check when i know that i have to weigh in on monday morning! i lost about 25 lbs on weighr watchers and now i am just trying to get rid of another 15 lbs...it just WONT come off....this is my last week on my birth control, so im hoping that maybe that will help a little bit, i dont know though bc i lost all that weight before when was on bc...i it is so frustrating when you know what to do to lose the weight, but just dont do it for whatever reason...Hopefully we can all try and support each other!!
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Just remember:  Every meal is a new oppourtunity!!  If you have a bad meal or you go overboard just try to get right back on with the next meal.  I realize this is easier said than done!  I am a WW drop-out (about 7 times) and it totally works but the motivation is the key.  Staying motivated and determined for me was the hardest part.  Good luck and keep on keepin on!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"