Pregnant after 35
Options

GD test...

... hee that was fun to type, it looks rude.

I did my glucose test this morning... waiting to hear back, but if I don't hear from the doc, they said it's nothing to be concerned with.   

Fingers crossed.   I've had a hell of a week, and telling me i can't have pasta for the rest of my pregnancy would NOT sit well with me. 

.. says the carb addict. LOL!

Christine

Re: GD test...

• Options
    Good luck!  I am taking mine on friday and am thinking I should try to lay off the chocolate until then :o)
  • Options
    My fingers are crossed for you! Pasta, mmmm, sounds good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I am so NOT looking forward to that test?or the damn Rhogam shot. Why did I have to be O Neg?

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    mmmmm, pasta!  uhh, where was I?  oh yeah, ok... umm Glucose results... yep, I got mine when I was about 12 wks (too much pasta = too fat, LOL)  anywho I guess they'll give me another one in the next few weeks, but they said I reacted very well to the fist one, so we'll see.  It's like drinking orange Gatorade with 100 times more sugar.... whether you like it or not depends on how much of a sweet tooth you have (and I have a BIG one)!  Good luck!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh yeah, the orange crap is NASTY... but if it's cold and you drink it all in one shot without stopping, it's easier, at least.    I told the nurse today that I was quitting my job to do research on flavors for this stuff.  I figured I'd make a lot of pregnant women happier and be rich.

And  - I'm O positive, so I guess I dodged the Rhogam (??) bullet.  

As far as laying off the chocolate?  LOL - I hit as much as POSSIBLE in the last 2 days.   I figured if I had GD?  I was going to *enjoy* myself before they told me LOL!

Christine

• Options

I go for the test in a month (just scheduled it today). I am soooo not looking forward to that orange junk you have to drink as I hate anything orange flavored. When you come up with other flavor options Christine let me know (although I know that this will be my last baby). The nurse told me to chill it before drinking it as it would taste better (yeah right).

I am O negative and thank god my fiance is negative also. I've had the RH shot and quite frankly, it hurts!!!

I am a sugar addict, chocolate and pasta are my staple foods!! So I will make sure that I load up before going in for the test, thanks for giving me the heads up LOL!!

• Options
    Good Luck. I had the 1-hour and then the 3-hour. ?The required 12-hour fast is torture for a pregnant woman. And I failed so I ?had to quit sweets and count carbs for 4 months.
  • Options
    Good luck! Yeah, foregoing carbs would make me sad.
  • Options
    GL! I have mine on Friday the 13th. What was I thinking?!
  • Options

No need to lay off carbs or sweets before.  If you have it, you have it, so you might as well enjoy the good stuff.

I have had it with both pregnancies.  I was tested at 5 weeks with my second son, so that meant the entire pregnancy was sugar free.  If anyone ends up with it, I will be happy to share my food ideas. 

Good luck to all of you!

Oh, I liked the drinks!  Weird, I know!

• Options
    Hey girls, I take my test at 3:30 today, is there anything I should avoid today? Ive been up all night and want a Strawberry Crush like nobodies buisness, of all days! LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"