Boston Babies
Options

had my twin boys at 30w3d last Sunday - long story

I came home from the hospital last week without my little guys.  I had an eventful Saturday after seeing a movie, turning in my 24-hour urine, and having blood work done I called the on call MD to double check on my blood levels. 

She said my protein was 299 and under 300 was ok, but that my liver and kindey were off so to come on in and we'd check out the babies.  We arrive at the hospital and are told we'll probably be on bed rest there for the next 6 weeks til we deliver.  Eventually DH went home to get some rest.  I was having contractions 1-4 min. apart, but not feeling them.  I was also 2cm dialated, but the contractions did not seem to be making me progress at the time.

I went to sleep planning on to be on hopsital bedrest for 6 weeks and after an hour of sleep I felt the oddest sensation in my belly and rolled over... my water on Baby A had broken and it was a huge gush.  I called my nurse she was shocked.  But after talking to nurse and doctor they figured I'd still just hang out with broken membranes for the next 6 weeks in the ante-partum unit unless an infection developed.

Within 2 hours my contractions were very uncomfortable and I was 5cm dialated.. time to call DH back to hopsital.  They tried to stop the contractions with magnesium oxide, but were unable to.  I received an epidural shortly there after and DH arrived.  Then I was 10cm dialated by 4:45am and a hand was hanging out.   

We went to the OR, baby A was head down, baby B was transverse.  I pushed for 20 minutes with Baby A and Joseph Richard was born at 5:27 a.m.  Baby B was then manually turned by the doctor.. thank god for the epidural and Nathan was born at 5:44 a.m.    They both came out crying.  Joey weighed 3lbs.7oz. and Nathan was 3lbs. 12oz.

Nathan did require a CPAP and then was put on a vent for a day, but both are now in their little incubators, under bilirubin lights, on room air without support, and being fed both collostrum and formula by a gavage tube at the moment.

Labor and delivery were great, but I had a bad bleed the next day and ended up having clots manually removed by the MDs twice which was way worse than labor itself.  I had alot of bleeding and ended up with 2 blood tranfusions yesterday.  They kept me an extra night and now I feel pretty good.  It was so great to finally get to see the boys almost 35 hours after they were born because I couldn't sit up without passing out.  DH did get to hang out with them though.

Now I'm home, pumping, and traveling back and forth to see my little guys each day.  Just wanted to update everyone.  My MD personally thinks that I would have been very sick and ended up with HELLP by this week based on my labs.  It's so hard to tell, but overall I was just lucky to end up there on Saturday night and not have everything happen at home so fast.

Re: had my twin boys at 30w3d last Sunday - long story

• Options
    What a crazy story!  Congratulations on the birth of your boys!  I'm sure they'll be home with you before you know it
  • Options
    congrats on your baby boys! how scary that they came so early and quickly - lucky that you were in the hospital when things started to happen! how you and the boys are doing home and are home soon! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your new baby boys!  I am glad everything went as well as it did. 
  • Options

Congratulations to you!!  Glad you are feeling much better and things went well!!

• Options
    Congratulations on your new baby boys! That was an amazing story and I am so happy for you! I am so emotional i'm getting all teary eyed with happiness! lol Goodluck with everything can't wait til your lil boys are home with you!!!
  • Options
    So glad everything turned out well! I was induced on my due date with my twin boys. They were delivered vaginally with no epidural.  Both babies were head down but when Baby A (Christopher) was born, Baby B (Brandon) turned transverse.  The doc was able to position him so he could be born vaginally too.  They both weighed 8 lbs each and was able to take them home 2 days later.  Now, 13 yrs later, they are 5'10" and weigh 180 lbs each!  We are now expecting a "little suprise" (Gabriella) this July!  Couldn't be happier! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"