Parenting
Options

Silpada Jewelry Party-Should I go?

A friend invited me to a Silpada party tomorrow.  She lives an hour away.  I have been having some contractions off and on all weekend.  I would like to see the friend but I just looked online and I cannot find anything I want to buy.  Plus we are trying to save before #2 comes not spend more money.  Do you think it would be okay if I just asked her if she wants to meet for dinner one night next week?  I hope she isn't mad but I really don't want to drive all that way.(  yes I know it is not far but I am ready to get out of the car after 20 minutes)

Re: Silpada Jewelry Party-Should I go?

• Options

I have a no-party policy (candles, jewelry, food, etc). It's overpriced junk usually.

I think your dinner plan is better. And your contractions are the perfect excuse!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a sucker for those parties so I would go.  I just went last night to a tasteful something party with all dips, drinks, etc.  If you don't want to go I would just tell her that...I wouldn't lie (that usually comes back to bite you) and if you are friends then she should understand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHeidisean:
    I am a sucker for those parties so I would go.  I just went last night to a tasteful something party with all dips, drinks, etc.  If you don't want to go I would just tell her that...I wouldn't lie (that usually comes back to bite you) and if you are friends then she should understand.

Is this your first tastefully simple party?  yum. I've been buying their stuff for years.  beer bread and garlic garlic!

I wouldn't go to a silpada party.  I love jewelry, but there's is over priced IMO.  An hour is a long way to drive at 34 weeks. And if it's your friend's party, she'll be busy talking to everyone else anyway.   Just tell her you're not up to it. end of story. She'll understand. 

Christmas 2009 image
  • Options
    imageCTFandme:

imageHeidisean:

Is this your first tastefully simple party?  yum. I've been buying their stuff for years.  beer bread and garlic garlic!

I wouldn't go to a silpada party.  I love jewelry, but there's is over priced IMO.  An hour is a long way to drive at 34 weeks. And if it's your friend's party, she'll be busy talking to everyone else anyway.   Just tell her you're not up to it. end of story. She'll understand. 

It was my 2nd and I LOVE the chai....I bought 2 of them!

• Options
    no way, I would not go.  I went to a Silpada party and the stuff was wayyyyy overpriced.  My neighbor friend had it so I felt obligated to buy something, the least expensive thing I could find was $59!!  What a rip off!   The next week, I found a bracelet I liked way better at Khols on the clearance rack for $4.  I now have a no party policy, myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"