D.C. Area Babies
Options

KristinandChris

I saw that you replied to me in the running post, but since it's on page 2 now, I thought I'd just page you instead.

Right now, I'm trying to run 3x a week.  I only get about 20-25 minutes at a time to do it though, because DH and I exercise on the same days.  

I actually tried running with my stroller today, and it's got a wicked pull to the right.  I'm going to have to do something about that, because I spent more energy trying to straighten it out than I did actually running!

The couch to 5k program is a good one.  Right now I'm just following the "get as far as you can in 20 minutes" program. :)  That's tough trying to time it so that you can get a nursing session in too.  I think that's probably one of the reasons that I didn't really get into running until after I stopped BFing.  It was just so hard to time things!  Good luck!

Re: KristinandChris

• Options

Good for you!  Week 4 for me is doing two repetitions of running 3 minutes, walking 90 seconds, running 5 minutes, walking 2.5 minutes.  I usually do about 2.4 miles total including a warm-up and cool-down.  It's honestly not that bad (I might be regretting saying that soon!) but week 5 includes running straight for 20 minutes.  I'm a little nervous about that but I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition. 

I ran outside once last weekend and I think I'll be inside until it gets significantly warmer.  I'm too wimpy!  My ears got really cold but other than that it wasn't too bad, I'll just be much happier when its warmer.  I usually run 4 or 5 times a week.  I'd like to run every other day eventually - do you do any other exercising on days you're not running?  

Oh and yes, exercising and bfing is very interesting!  I always feel bad nursing right after I run but sometimes when DD is really hungry I can't help it, so far she doesn't seem like she minds :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"