Illinois Babies

Best Place in City to Deliver?

I was wondering if anyone has any input on where I should look into delivering.  We just found out our Dr delivers at Northwestern.  I am only at 5 wks but I want to know if I should look into a different hospital/doc or if NWMH is good?

Re: Best Place in City to Deliver?

• I think there's a whole post below about delivering at Prentice. It is where I will be delivering - I have no possibility of a natural birth and a level III NICU is very important to me. Some posters below indicated it was too "controlled" or "medical", but to me that's a good thing since I'm high risk. In my opinion, it's the best in the city.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • FWIW from what I've heard NWH is a great place to delivery.

I delivered at Hinsdale.  I went natural and it's a Level III NICU.  Very supportive and a GREAT lactation staff; which was helpful b/c DS came early and was in the NICU for 6 days.

I will never go anywhere else.

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Prentice (Northwestern) It was seriously like being at a hotel with Nurses. They were attentive from beginning to end, I had my dr, the nurses and a midwife and a team of students as well. Even when I had to have a crash c section the experience was still pleasant.

The classes there were helpful too. and the food was good.

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker
  • Despite the fact that I had a less than perfect experience with the post partum nurses Prentice. I'm going back there for #2 without even considering any other options. It's where my OB delivers and now that I've been through the delivery once, I know what to expect.

• I delivered at Prentice and would deliver there again,  the nurses were all very nice and yes it is like a hotel with nurses!   THe rooms are very nice,  it is clean, new etc.

• We delivered at Swedish Covenant on California and Foster. My OBGYN and Pedi are there too. LOVED it! Great staff and the delivery rooms have jet tubs and a sleeper for your husband/partner and they have every birthing tool you may want or need, such as ball, chair etc. They also have a midwife group if you want to go that route. The post delivery area is great as well, the rooms are fantastic and your baby gets to stay with you the entire time. They have tours, just check out their website. They are great about honoring your birth wishes too. They let me go 36 hours, I really wanted a natural birth, before we HAD to do a C-section. We would deliver there again for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"