D.C. Area Babies
Options

why am I craving Coke all the time now??

For the past week, all I've wanted to drink was Coca-Cola. I've never been a big soda person at all, so this is doubly weird. I let myself have one at lunch last Friday and I had 1/2 of another one today and both times it tasted like the best thing I'd ever had.

And now I'm feeling guilty because I know that the caffein isn't the healthiest thing for the baby or me :-( I must stop the madness!!

Re: why am I craving Coke all the time now??

• Options
    I've been craving it too and I am not a big soda person. Something about the bubbles and sugar must be soothing to me!  I've especially been gaga for fountain cokes.  All I could think about on Saturday was getting one in my tummy!  I've also been craving root beer.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That happened to me, too... starting sometime in early 3rd tri.

I'd always want a small McDonald's fountain coke for breakfast!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the caffeine. You almost have a full term baby in there!  Plus, I remember the last few weeks being uncomfortable if Coke makes you happy, drink up!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Indulge!

I forget how much caffeine you're "allowed" but it's something like the equivalent to half a cup of coffee or a 12 oz. soda... I have one or the other every day.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

A little coca-cola isn't madness.  Now *this* is madness:

• Options

that's hysterical!

• Options
    Lol...join the bad mommies club! Burger King frozen Cokes have been my drug of choice this whole pregnancy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Um, Coke is delicious to me right now too. I can't stomach coffee anymore since being PG but i have somehow justified coke. I do think there's less Caffeine in a can of Coke than a regular sized coffee.

BH, you're getting so close now! Maybe baby just wants some sugar to be wide eyed and alert for delivery. ;-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageBabyHatch:

I do think there's less Caffeine in a can of Coke than a regular sized coffee.

You're right.  A 12-ounce can of Coke has 35 mg of caffeine.  An 8 ounce cup of coffee has about 133 mg of caffeine.  The web site of the Center for Science in the Public Interest has a chart of the Caffeine Content of Food & Drugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ok, good, I'm not crazy. Thanks LMH, i am on my way to find a coke right now. :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

With Maggie I had the biggest Cherry Coke craving.  I never drank any other caffeine just so I could have one of those almost daily for a while.  I didn't really crave any other candy but drinking that was like liquid candy for me.  I also preferred cans and fountain Coke as opposed to bottled Coke. 

This time I craved soda for a little while but it hasn't been the obsession I had last time.

• Options
    I think that caffeine free Coke in the bottle tastes just the same as regular Coke.  Its not like fountain soda, but it does the trick!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"