Cincinnati Babies
Options

Pregnancy Police....

I guess I should get used to this over the next few months.... it's just crazy the things people have the nerve to say to you (honestly it doesn't bother me. Grain of salt... but it's funny)

We were at a wedding last Sat. I am 13wks and not showing yet. I went up to the bar and ordered a water and a coke. (The coke was my big treat!) The bartender said "You don't want rum  or whiskey??" I said no, I can't, I'm pregnant. He then stopped and said "Well, should you really be having caffeine?" Ummmm, thanks for the concern random stranger.

A friend of a friend asked if I was going to nurse.... kind of personal I think.... I just met you a few minutes ago! Then I love how they warn you "Not to eat for 2, you know!"

If it's started already I can imagine what's to come!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnancy Police....

• Options

When I was very noticeably PG with Ava I was standing at a pop machine waiting for my drink to come down and a guy behind me said "you know caffeine is really bad for your baby."  I responded "actually you can have up to 300 mgs a day and I don't even come close to that... " and just then my bottled water fell from the machine.  I held it up for him and added "but I'm having a water anyhow... have a nice day."

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    i totally feel for you!  i couldn't imagine some of the things that were said to me while pregnant, especially at work.  every time i put a morsel of food in my mouth someone had to chime, "looks like mama is having a craving!" drove me crazy.  oh!  and i lost my name for a few months too, i was no longer lynn, but mama.  annoying.  i am so glad that i was never touched by a stranger too, that wouln't have gone over too well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Gotta love the pregnancy police. When I would eat lunch at work, all the (idiotic) men I work with would say I should be eating vegetables instead of a sandwich and yogurt. Right. Because I should just bring a big bag of vegetables and nothing else to eat...every day.

Wait until you are about 25 weeks pregnant. People will assume that since they can tell you're pregnant, you must be due soon, so you'll get all kinds of, "You look ready to pop!" comments even though you still have entire months until your due date. I thought I was going to kill people at work because around 32 weeks, I'd come in to get my mail and people would say, "You're STILL here?" and "Hope she comes soon!" Um, or not.

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better. I was at work on Friday & long story short I am getting put on a new project because a co-worker royally screwed up. So my supervisor goes to tell my boss that she is putting me in charge & he replies "is that a good idea with her going on maternity leave." Oh yeah I was thrilled when my supervisor told me. thankfully she knows I am not pregnant. So not only am I pregnant, I am pretty far along to be going on maternity leave here soon.  What I really don't get is, if I were pregnant, which I'm not, I would have to have my leave approved by him! Okay vent over. People are dumb & need to keep their comments to themselves.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    People are so rude and they always seem to know better than your doctor, huh?
  • Options

imageRose.9.6.03:
    People are so rude and they always seem to know better than your doctor, huh?

that is so true!!  everyone at work told me i was not gaining enough weight when i was pregnant.  funny, my doctor always said i was fine...

• Options
    I hate how everyone thinks that your habits are their business when you are pregnant.  I had the food police offering me every fatty sugary item they could find because they knew I hadn't gained much and was trying to put on a little weight.  I am a coffee drinker, and would get comments about caffeine if they saw me having DECAF coffee.  I got deli meat comments, weight comments because I wasn't showing fast enough for their liking, breastfeeding questions.  Oh and the belly pats from people made me nuts.  I have no remedy for it.  It goes with the territory.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"