Oregon Babies

Maternity leave?!

Hi guys, I?m kinda new here so forgive me if I don?t know all the lingo yet.

I?m wondering if anybody knows where to find info on maternity leave in Oregon. I work for a small company (8 employees) and everything I read is just about companies with 20 or more.

Also, I know in CA you can apply for disability when on leave? does Oregon do the same thing?

Re: Maternity leave?!

• I am also curious about the Dissability Insurance.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, as of now, Oregon does not offer any sort of compensation for maternity leave or short term disability.  Additionally, if you company does fall under FMLA, that only requires them to give you the time off - they DO NOT have to pay you for it.  That being said, unless you have some sort of person STD insurance (Aflac, etc), you might not get any paid time off.  If it makes you feel better - that's the exact situation I'm in!  You find a way to make it work, take a shorter leave, save lots, etc!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAAA1113:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, as of now, Oregon does not offer any sort of compensation for maternity leave or short term disability.  Additionally, if you company does fall under FMLA, that only requires them to give you the time off - they DO NOT have to pay you for it.  That being said, unless you have some sort of person STD insurance (Aflac, etc), you might not get any paid time off.  If it makes you feel better - that's the exact situation I'm in!  You find a way to make it work, take a shorter leave, save lots, etc!  Good luck!

This is what I've found as well.

STD at my company is elective, so I didn't know that (a) it was available and (b) that it covered pregnancy (it's not mentioned in our insurance handbook). To add insult to injury, the STD policy requires you to be enrolled for 24 months prior to receiving benefits. Grr... So jealous of everyone who is enrolled automatically at their work!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Talk to your HR or benefits person and they can explain it to you, each company is different.

My company has a STD policy where I was automatically enrolled on my higher date.  I will get 6 weeks of pay at 60% salary after the birth, or 8 weeks if I have a c-section.  I also can take 3 weeks off before birth if my Dr writes me out of work, and that is paid at 60% also.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"