Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Zoloft refill denied

I've been on Zoloft since mid-October after being diagnosed with PPD. I was out of refills, so called my ob's refill "hotline" and left a message at 9 am. I called my pharmacy to see if it had been refilled yet and the pharmacist told me that the refill had been denied and that there was a note for me to call my ob. Um, huh?

I've been on an anti-depressant and I'm supposed to do what? Go off cold turkey with absolutely no warning whatsoever? And I'm pretty sure my telephone number is in my file, so why I wasn't personally notified is beyond me. Needless to say I left a pretty pissy message with my doctor's office, and I'm hoping they call me back soon. Ugh, I'm sooo getting a new ob/gyn before I have my next kid.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zoloft refill denied

• Options

That's really strange! I used to be a pharacy tech and the only real reason's doctors would deny refills is if they were too early (like with controlled substances) or if the patient wasn't keeping appointments (usually this was with BCP's). I can't imagine they'd not at least call you in a weeks supply until they could talk to you.

You may want to call your phamacy and see if they can give you enough tablets to get you through until you can get a hold of the office. There is what is called a "good faith law" that allows pharmacists to do this in urgent situations, such as somebody not wanting to miss a dose of their antidepressants!

• Options
    Ya you dont want to go off anti-depressants cold turkey. If i forget one day, i get the worst headache and chest pains! I hope you get thru to your DR
    Expecting #3 next spring!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pharmacy just gave me 4 pills of something else to get me through the weekend since my OB's office closes at noon on Friday and didn't call in the refill.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope it was just a mix up and you get the rx you need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    Well you should be seeing a psych. Your OB probably wants to make sure you get a physical and ensure things are going ok. Make that appt.?
  • Options
    It is dangerous to quit Zoloft cold turkey. There are some very serious side effects. You have to be weaned off of it slowly, so it's wrong of them to deny it. You should bug your OBs office until they call in a refill, that would be neglegent of them not to.
  • Options

I work in the mental health field, and generally you must see a doctor after the first script runs out so they can assess if you are having any side effects or need to adjust the dosage, or still have symptoms that would need to be addressed with a different medication. If that is the case here, they SHOULD have scheduled the follow up at your last appointment!

Either way, they will likely refill for you with a phone call so you don't have to go without your medication. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"