Detroit Babies
Options

Delivered at St. John Macomb?

Has anyone delivered at St. John Macomb Hospital on 12 Mile? Or know anyone who has/will? I delivered my son at Royal Oak Beaumont but St. John is only a few miles away, and Beaumont is about 25 minutes. My son's L/D was super fast and I'd be more comfortable going to a much closer hospital (I'm not interested in having a baby on 696!) But I love my Beaumont OB so it's kind of a tricky decision. Hubby and I will eventually take a tour of the hospital but 'real' advice is much better. Thanks!!

Re: Delivered at St. John Macomb?

• Options
    I'm delivering at Troy Beaumont, but I grew up at 13 and Hoover, so SJM was always the closest.  However, we never went there -- we always went to RO Beaumont or SJ Detroit because the hospital had such a bad reputation.  I haven't heard a lot of good come out of there -- I would stick with Beaumont.
  • Options

I delivered both of my children at St John in Detroit.  Both experiences were very good.  I've personally never met anybody that delivered out of the Macomb location. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at St. John Detroit, but I have a friend who delivered at Macomb. ?Be aware that they still have shared post-delivery recovery rooms!!!! ?It could be a long night with a roommate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"