D.C. Area Babies
Options

Do any of you run?

I'm considering running the Army 10 miler in October, but am currently only running two miles at a time.  I definitely need to get my butt in gear.  I've been stuck at 2 miles since November--scheduling a race might help.  :)

It would be great to be able to run with someone once in a while--does anyone want a running buddy?

Re: Do any of you run?

• Options

I'd love a running buddy - sadly, I won't be running again until probably June!

Your little guy is just precious!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Same boat as steph, I probably won't be allowed to run again till May.  That said, I also was thinking 10 miler might be a good motivator but as a first time mom I don't know how hard it would be to fit those runs in...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    where do you live? I wanna do the 10k or 5k in Ashburn in May
  • Options

I love to run and just started getting back into it. Where do you live?

• Options
    I live in Woodbridge, but am up for traveling places if I had someone to run with!
  • Options
    oh, too far :( I'm in Ashburn
  • Options
    I run (or used to at least). I plan on running again after our little girl is born, but probably won't start up again until May. I actually was thinking about training for the 10 miler too.
  • Options
    Where in Woodbridge?  I live in Montclair/Dumfries off 234.  I'm hoping to run a 1/2 marathon next January so I'm doing the couch to 5k program right now.  I'm on the treadmill for now but I hope to get outside once the weather is a bit warmer and when DD (she's almost 4 months now) can go in her jogging stroller.  Maybe we could run virtually for a bit until I catch up?  :)  I think there's a running club of moms here in Montclair, one of my co-workers told me about it.  I'll try to get more info...  I want to do some 5 and 10ks this summer for sure.
  • Options

imageKristinandChris:
    Where in Woodbridge?  I live in Montclair/Dumfries off 234.  I'm hoping to run a 1/2 marathon next January so I'm doing the couch to 5k program right now.  I'm on the treadmill for now but I hope to get outside once the weather is a bit warmer and when DD (she's almost 4 months now) can go in her jogging stroller.  Maybe we could run virtually for a bit until I catch up?  :)  I think there's a running club of moms here in Montclair, one of my co-workers told me about it.  I'll try to get more info...  I want to do some 5 and 10ks this summer for sure.

We're really close!  I'm off of Rt. 1 just north of Dumfries.  Running virtually sounds great!  I've only got a pseudo jogging stroller right now--the front wheel locks, but it's got shimmy, so I can't go more than a few miles without it being really annoying.  I've got to prove that I'm actually going to run with a stroller before I'll let myself get a real jogger though!

• Options

Yeah that is close - good to know!  I actually ran outside yesterday for week 3 of the program (run for 90 seconds, walk for 90, run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 twice) and it was ok but my ears got too cold.  I'm a wimp in cold weather so I think I'll definitely wait until it gets warmer to go outside again. 

Our jogging stroller was a regift from a friend who got a better one so I'm not sure how good it is.  I'm in the same boat - if I do it on a more regular basis I'll look into a nicer stroller.  

How often do you run now?  It's hard for me to find time during the week after work.  I'm still nursing so I try to time it right after she eats and when DH is home to keep her company.  I need all the encouragement I can get!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"