Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How to baby-proof a floor lamp?

Our living room has no overhead light and the primary lighting was supplied by 2 floor lamps. We were able to tuck one behind some furniture so it's reasonably secure, but we removed the other one because there was no similar solution.

Our living room is a dark dungeon after about 5pm now, I need that lamp back. Any ideas for safely securing it to the floor? The good thing is, it has a fairly wide square base. It's pretty heavy, which will make it harder to tip, but which also makes it more dangerous if it falls.

Ideas?? I was going to install wall sconces but we're out of this house in a year and I can't justify the electrician's fees.

Thank you!

ETA: well, it's not that heavy. It's a narrow twisty metal lamp with a wide square base.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to baby-proof a floor lamp?

• No idea, sorry :( We just had to remove ours completely when DS was a baby. I never could figure out how to babyproof them. Luckily we have a ceiling fan with overhead light in the LR.  Hopefully someone will have a better idea.
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • Thanks! Yes, I was afraid that the best thing is just to leave it out of the room. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard there are plenty of other lighting solutions, but they all involve wiring into the plaster walls or ceiling, which I'm sure would cost a lot!

I wasn't even too worried about it, then MIL made some rude comments about how dark our living room was. "I'm going to buy you a lamp! I can't see in here."

Um, thanks. We have a lamp. Angry We just thought that our baby's safety was more important that our lighting scheme.

• Loading the player...
  • I removed ours from the room tonight. There was no getting around it.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"