Minnesota Babies

Any bad/good Babies R Us experiences?

My husband was reading some sort of board on the KFAN radio website and some guy there was complaining about the Maple Grove Babies R Us.  Saying the sales people were "tools" and they kept trying to sell him more stuff.  When their armoire was delivered it looked damaged and they have to send it back.  Things like that. 

We were planning on purchasing our crib and dresser/changer from them and I haven't really heard bad things about them.  I have heard of furniture looking damaged and so forth, but I think I've seen that with most stores.

Just wondering if anyone else has any personal experience with the Babies R Us stores (good or bad) around the cities.

Re: Any bad/good Babies R Us experiences?

• I've actually only been there once, and it was last weekend on the 1st of Feb. We didn't have anyone hounding us to buy stuff, and the check-out person was unusually pleasant and helpful. But we bought a few smaller things like crib bedding and a baby bath, no big furniture.

Overall, I guess I'd call that a pretty darn good experience. We had no complaints.

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I haven't had any bad experiences.

While we were in store looking for a crib, the sales people were helpful and not pushy at all. 

• Loading the player...
  • We bought our crib (and a lot of other baby stuff) at the BRU in Richfield.  I have always loved that BRU, no complaints here!
  • I always go to the BRU in Richfield, my experiences there haven't been exceptional but they havent been bad either.  That's where I got my crib and mattress.  When I registered there they were pretty helpful and last time I was there they were also pretty helpful.

My sister told me that you can go there and get a free pregnancy photo of yourself at Kiddie Kandids.  I havent done it yet but she has.

• imagebriannamlund:

My sister told me that you can go there and get a free pregnancy photo of yourself at Kiddie Kandids.  I havent done it yet but she has.

Yeah, I went to the BRU in Roseville last week with another Nestie and she said the same thing. I had never heard of that.

And the Roseville store is a-ok. Never had a problem there. I did have this one employee ask me twice (once at two different places in the store) if I needed assistance of any kind and he seemed a little "off", and I thought it was weird he stopped me twice. Other than that, Roseville has a nice store.

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We've used the Maple Grove one lots and been very happy with them. 
  • I've been to the Bloomington Babies R Us several times. Don't go on the weekends when it's a zoo. Go on weeknights when you can get some help. If you find something you want there, get it when you see it because friends and I have had several experiences of their products going out of stock all of the sudden and they don't know when they'll get them back in, if ever. The quality of the things I've gotten and friends have gotten from there has been good in my experience. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"