Philadelphia Babies
Options

Anyone been to Seseme Place?

DS loves Elmo and all the Seseme Street characters and would love to take him to the Seseme Street Theme Park, but we are in Georgia and I'm not sure if it's worth the trip up to P.A.  Has anyone been before?  What can you tell me about it?  He'll be turning 2 next month.  Thanks.

Re: Anyone been to Seseme Place?

• Options

I grew up down the street and I use to work there (haha).  We always has season passes when we were little.  It's cute but a lot of it (like the rope climb and roller coaster and many of the water rides) are geared towards older kids.  The shows and so on are great for little ones.  The parade is fun but incredibly packed!  There is a fun little water area that's good for little ones and babies.  You could do it all in a day...maybe a day in a half. 

I have never traveled to visit and I don't know if I would travel all the way from Georgia!   If it was a little closer to the city I probably would because you could also do the Philadelphia Zoo which is GREAT!  But it's about 45 plus minutes away. 

• Options

I haven't been in the park itself since I was a kid, but I used to work right next to it. I think it is a great family fun day. Plus there is lots to do in the immediate area, and in Philadelphia proper, which is about a 45 minute drive from Sesame Place. It's also right off the highway (I mean like 0.5 mile) and super easy to get to. There are tons of great family activities all within an hour or two from the park, so I say yes! Make a vacation out of it Big SmileParadise

Ideas:

historical sites in Philly (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Constitution Center)

Historical sites north of Philly and in NJ (Washington's Crossing, etc).

Please Touch Me Museum (Children's Museum) in Philly

Franklin Institute (in Philly)

Wineries

Walk around New Hope and Lahaska (30 mins or less from Sesame Place)

Go tubing down the river (north of New Hope)

Drive to Hershey Park (2 hours from Philly, can definitely be done in a day).

LOTS of shopping and great dining

HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    at two he might be a little young. More of the stuff is geared to kids that are a little older.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We took my son there when he was 2 and change and he had a GREAT time.  There was plenty of stuff for him to do - there are things there that are geared toward that age group.  We went during the summer.  In the morning we went to the Elmo show, saw the parade, and did some of the rides in Elmo's World.  Then in the afternoon we changed into our swimsuits and did a lot of the water park stuff, which he was a big fan of.  It was a full day!

The food is pricey there but you can bring your own cooler if that's something that you are interested in.

• Options
    This year will be my third year having a season pass. I got it the first year right when my son turned one- he had fun, but enjoyed it a million times more last year when he was 2. At that age there is a lot for them to be able to do (kids rides in Elmo's World and lots of water to play in!) I wouldn't make a trip up from GA just to go, but I think it is a lot of fun if you will already be in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"