Birth Stories

ohh what a wonderful Labor!

Hey everyone! here is my Birth Story....

Well for starters I was Due Feb. 3rd and Hayden decided that she was going to be fashionably LATE! I went for my weekly apt. on Thurs. Feb.5th @ 11:30am and nothing had changed, I was still 4cm and 80% so we had scheduled an induction for the following thursday. I got home around 12:30pm and the 1st thing I did was post on the bump complaining about still being preggo. About 1 o'clock I started to have regular contractions, about every 8 mins, then by about 3 they started every 3 mins and lasting for about 45 secs. I called up the DH and told him to get home ASAP! At this point I was in so much pain I couldn't even get off the couch. I was still debating about going to the hospital because my water still didnt break but the DH said we should go the worst thing they could do would be to send me home. We got to the hospital about 5:30pm and they admited right away. At this point I was 5cm and 100%, and they started me on fluids so I could get my epidural. About 7 was when I finally got it and THANK GOD! It was heaven after that. I layed there want watched some prime time NBC tv. (my fav. night on television and I wasnt going to let labor get in the way! lol)So started off with My Name is Eral, then my water broke and then watched some Kath & Kim. Right  when The Office was about to start my MW came in and said ready to push? Your 10cm! So I pushed for about an hr and 1/2 while I watched The Office and 30 Rock and a little bit of ER. I was having contractions every min. so I would push for one and then rest for one. It was actually very relaxing, we chatted and watched tv between pushes and I didn't even break a sweat! The epidural was great because I was still able to feel my legs and when the contractions were happening but there was NO PAIN what-so-ever! The nurse said that was very rare. They also got me a mirror so I could watch her being born and I am glad I did. It was amazing watching it. So after all that pushing they gave me a episiotomy because there was just no way this baby was coming out. Then one push and Hayden was out. The MW held her up so I could see her and then asked if I wanted to pull her out?! So I pulled her out the rest of the way and she was beautiful! DH cut the cord and Hayden Michele Emch was born at 10:40pm, 20in long and weighting in at 7lbs 12ozs. (Alot bigger then they thought she was going to be concidering I am only 4'9'') Now it was time to deliver the placenta! One push and out it came! and it actually spit out blood 1/2 way across the delivery room. It was quite comical! Then she stiched me back up and handed me my little princess. I had such an amazing labor experience, and I am very greatful! I always enjoyed reading about others experiences and hope you enjoy mine!

Re: ohh what a wonderful Labor!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"