1st Trimester
Options

Answer me this:

I'm not hating on team green here. ?I totally respect any decision you make regarding finding out/not finding out the sex.

But can someone tell me why people think it's a surprise at the end of pregnancy and not a surprise at 20 weeks? ??

I keep seeing and hearing people mention that it's a "true surprise."?It's a boy or a girl, people. ?At 2 weeks it's a boy or girl. ?At 15 weeks it's a boy or girl. ?At 33 weeks it's a boy or girl.... ?And so on.

?The only way I'll be more surprised at 40 than 20 is if the doctor says "surprise, it's a monkey!" after I've bought a bunch of pink stuff.

Re: Answer me this:

• Options

LMAO!!

BTW-What color is appropriate for a monkey? lol

• Options

imagewindycitygigi:

The only way I'll be more surprised at 40 than 20 is if the doctor says "surprise, it's a monkey!" after I've bought a bunch of pink stuff.

this made me have a coughing fit, haha. 

I agree, and I respect everyone's decision to find out at 20 or 40 weeks. I also understand why people want to wait, to build the suspense and anticipation up, but you're right. It is either a boy or a girl, and knowing a little bit sooner won't ruin the surprise for me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetboneangel87:

LMAO!!

BTW-What color is appropriate for a monkey? lol

I would think brown or maybe banana yellow!

• Options

My opinion - Its a surprise either way, but I think it may be a little more climatic when the baby comes out and the doctor screams, it's a girl, boy, etc and you are filled with emotions then vs. when the ultrasound tech just reads the sonogram and tells you. Also, some of my friends that have multiple children and have done both said it helps them push because they can't wait to see what the sex is. Again... just another perspective, to each their own. ;)

• Options
    I don't think it's less of a surprise if you find out via u/s but I do think it's somehow different if you wait until birth to hear, "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!".  Yes, they still do that even if you know the sex and I suppose it could even be MORE of a surprise finding out via u/s when you give birth and it's not what they thought, lol!  I just don't even care what the sex is... and not finding out ahead of time just shows how much I don't care, haha.  I LOVE surprises so being able to find out something at the last possible moment is right up my alley.  I love anticipation.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

LOL. I guess they should say they want a surprise at birth/delivery?

I *get* the whole suspense/surprise factor. But with both babies, we've decided not to wait until delivery.  But we still add to the surprise, I guess you could say, by not finding out at the u/s. With #1, we sealed the results for 3 weeks until Christmas. Let me just say that the anticipation of something like that - HAVING the results but not LOOKING at them is pretty intense! A lot of fun and definitely still a huge surprise.

We are sealing the results again and "surprising" ourselves with #2 as well.

• Options
    All I can say is that it is honestly the most indescribable feeling, after the months and months of anticipating, and wondering, and guessing, and imagining, after the hours and hours and hours (24+ in my case) of labor, after all the emotions, exhaustion, you're there and you're just tingling, and they held up my beautiful, perfect, little son and my husband said, "Look, he's a boy!"... I cannot describe how amazing it was.  It was literally the best moment of my life and I would not have traded it for anything.  I cannot wait to experience it again.  I have no idea how it feels to see and hear it via an ultra-sound, I am sure it's cool and exciting in it's own way, but I tell you, I cannot imagine how it would compare to actually being there live and in person.  Amazing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageesposa38:
    All I can say is that it is honestly the most indescribable feeling, after the months and months of anticipating, and wondering, and guessing, and imagining, after the hours and hours and hours (24+ in my case) of labor, after all the emotions, exhaustion, you're there and you're just tingling, and they held up my beautiful, perfect, little son and my husband said, "Look, he's a boy!"... I cannot describe how amazing it was.  It was literally the best moment of my life and I would not have traded it for anything.  I cannot wait to experience it again.  I have no idea how it feels to see and hear it via an ultra-sound, I am sure it's cool and exciting in it's own way, but I tell you, I cannot imagine how it would compare to actually being there live and in person.  Amazing.

That sounds so sweet! BUT I knew the sex and can still "relate" to you. I can honestly honestly say that I could have WRITTEN this exact same post only minus the "he's a boy" factor. I knew DS was a boy but it was still the most amazing and perfect moment of my life to see him and hold him after the long pregnancy and labor. He was still beautiful and perfect. Nothing takes that away, seriously. You still anticipate your baby like crazy even if you know the sex ahead of time.

On a funny note, DH did check right away and say "He DOES have a penis." LOL

• Options
    I've never thought about it that way, but you're right!  That's funny...
  • Options
    imagethatgirlang:

LOL. I guess they should say they want a surprise at birth/delivery?

I *get* the whole suspense/surprise factor. But with both babies, we've decided not to wait until delivery.? But we still add to the surprise, I guess you could say, by not finding out at the u/s. With #1, we sealed the results for 3 weeks until Christmas. Let me just say that the anticipation of something like that - HAVING the results but not LOOKING at them is pretty intense! A lot of fun and definitely still a huge surprise.

We are sealing the results again and "surprising" ourselves with #2 as well.

It *was* you that posted that idea!! Thank you, by the way! DH and I are going to do this, but we're going to open it up at the shower with family and friends. Still a surprise, still anticipation, but so much more exciting that finding out in a dark room with an u/s tech who is a stranger, or in a bright room while I'm in pain and our family is waiting outside. This way it gets to be a really exciting moment with a room full of people we love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"