2nd Trimester
Options

So when is this nesting instinct supposed to kick in?

My house is a flipping mess and I'm too damn lazy to do anything about it.

Re: So when is this nesting instinct supposed to kick in?

• Options
    I think it's a bold face lie personally... Mine still hasn't kicked in. I could care less about cleaning or anything remotely like it! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I don't know, but I have noticed a few changes in my behavior.  I am still lazy lol (and that is mostly because I am tired all the time) but like I randomly start cleaning things because I WANT to, and I get urges to pack more of the stuff that is taking up the baby's room.  I am a nanny and so I am used to germs and the disgusting habbits kids have, but I now CAN"T STAND IT... lol... I am constantly disinfecting things at work, plus its cold season and I REALLY don't want to get sick. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My husband has been nesting for a few weeks now. =)

I'm running a bit behind.?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm going with CeltiCutie's explanation. Bold faced lie.
  • Options
    Hasn't kicked in for me
  • Options

imageRachaelNicole:

Yep... I seriously think it is! 

My DH on the other hand is like a little bird, nesting it up! and i say more power to him and just lie down on the couch & watch him work! LOL 

• Options
    imageCeltiCutie:

imageRachaelNicole:

?

Yep... I seriously think it is!?

My DH on the other hand is like a little bird, nesting it up! and i say more power to him and just lie down on the couch & watch him work! LOL?

I sorta agree. DH's version of nesting is fixing up the family room with an 80" TV and two new recliners. I asked him what about the baby's room? (It still needs fixed up, primed and painted)

He told me he doesn't want to paint til it gets warmer.?

I'm trying to keep him grounded at least until the baby comes.?

• Options
    imageJennywren82:
    imageCeltiCutie:

imageRachaelNicole:

Yep... I seriously think it is! 

My DH on the other hand is like a little bird, nesting it up! and i say more power to him and just lie down on the couch & watch him work! LOL 

I sorta agree. DH's version of nesting is fixing up the family room with an 80" TV and two new recliners. I asked him what about the baby's room? (It still needs fixed up, primed and painted)

He told me he doesn't want to paint til it gets warmer. 

I'm trying to keep him grounded at least until the baby comes. 

ohhh no.... my DH knows he won't get off that easy! LOL He painted that room at the beginning of January! haha! 

• Options
    Hm.. DH and I power-cleaned today because a friend called to say she was going to stop by on her way home from work..?

And last weekend, I decided that we were getting a Dyson and we bought that.. and in my effort to move some crap out of the baby's room, we cleaned and rearranged the office so we could fit a desk (formerly in the baby's room) in there.?

We also tried to pick out paint colors for the office and the baby's room 2 weeks ago but never really came to a conclusion on what we're going to use.

So I guess it's kind of kicked in, but more in an "Oh shlt!! The baby is going to be here this summer!" kind of way. I am also starting to get disgusted with clutter and dirty dishes and dust that formerly only bugged me a little bit.
  • Options

Hmmm... I guess I've been bossing DH around a bit more trying to get him to clean up around the house. Does that count?

I am also in the "oh-sh!t" mode because we have to majorly remodel the master bedroom so we can stop sleeping in the future baby's room and redo that. Ugh.

• Options
    The only nesting I've done is getting the baby's room in order...the rest of the house I want nothing to do with! I'm thinking of paying someone to come in and deep clean it soon.?image
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I still have not gotten this, although I wish I would, things are crazy in here.
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy I never nested, at all!  And some people don't seem to "nest" until they are almost ready for labor.  I am still tired and feeling pretty lazy, but my FIL is coming over to watch the Super Bowl so the house has to be cleaned today!  It sucks because I have no choice. I wish nesting would kick in right now! 
  • Options
    Mine kicked in Friday night around midnight. DH and I went through all of our clothes and shoes, organized our closets, cleared the baby's room of all our junk, went through all our books, rearranged our bedroom furniture and rearranged the guest bedroom. ?I feel 100% better after doing all of this!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i don't know when it is suppose to kick in but my MIL keep telling me that i am b/c i can't stop messing with the all the baby stuff. but what are you suppose to do when it doesn't look right....work with it until it does.
  • Options
    Mine is no stronger than it used to be.  It was listed under mid-second tri in my "WTE" book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"