Multiples
Options

Question about c-section meds?

I know they give you anesthesia so you don't have feeling in your lower body but do they also give you something to calm your nerves since your still conscious during the procedure?  

Re: Question about c-section meds?

• Options
    No but I will tell you the spinal made me itch, the anti-itch meds made me dizzy, and the anti-dizzy meds made me sleepy and totally out of it. At one point I fell asleep (after the girls had been pulled out and I saw them) and woke up in the recovery room. My advice to you is to stay calm deep breaths or counting, whatever makes you calm. If you start to freak out they will knock you out. They don't want you freaking on the operating table. I personally did not feel a single thing from the neck down, and I knew they would knock me out if I freaked so I just concentrated on listening to the babies and that helped.
  • Options
    you know, i don't actually know, but i do remember feeling extremely relaxed. i can't imagine how i was that calm, unless they had given me something.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have anything extra in the OR or recovery. ?The nurse said I did really awesome (go me!) because they didn't have to give me anything to calm me down or anything. ?I have DH to thank for that I think ?He was a rock.
  • Options
    I was told to tell them if I needed something for my nerves or nausea
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

To be honest I am not 100% sure what I was given but I also fell asleep lots during the surgery.  I felt no pain/pressure during the surgery but I remember being really sleepy and kinda foggy. 

Kerri

• Options

I don't think so.  I remember being kinda freaked out and looking around the room at all the stuff.  It was really surreal.  But it happened so fast that by the time I would've freaked out the babies were out and crying and I was really distracted by that. 

You'll do great.  There will be a lot of opportunities to talk to the anesthesiologist (sp?) during prep and right before the spinal and ask them to either give you something for nerves or ask them to watch you carefully and if you seem to be panicking then give you something without you having to ask. 

• Options
    Nope I didn't get anything. I was scared but it goes really fast. Both my girls were out in 7 minutes. I also had a tubal and I was done and out of there in about 40 minutes. You do get nervous, but once they get the kids out, you're so pumped, the rest goes by so fast.
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The only thing I was given before surgery was the spinal, I dont even know what exactly it was they gave me, but I didnt feel anything from the chest down. Before I even walked down to the OR I was trembling pretty bad, I think it was a combo of nerves and also not being able to warm up. I continued trembling for about 2 hours after surgery while the meds wore off, it was a little scarey, but the nurse and my doctor said it was a completely normal reaction to the meds. During the whole procedure the anesthesiologist (sp?) stood right beside me making sure I wasnt feeling anything or having any problems and ready to give me something else if necessary.?
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I was offered something at the end once the girls were delivered and sent off to the nursery. For some reason I said yes and COMPLETELY REGRET IT!  It knocked me out and I don't remember anything...there are pictures of me breastfeeding the girls for the first time and I don't even remember it. I am so sad about it, too!  I didn't need anything...I wasn't nervous...I wasn't in pain...the epidural is awesome pain control.

If you think you'll be nervous, talk to you doctor about it beforehand...maybe there some pill you can take (like a Valium) that will relax you but not make you sleepy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"