1st Trimester
Options

listen, there is a time and a place for google

If you have something SPECIFIC you want to know, then sure, google is your friend (I highly recommend checking it in most instances) 

But, if you run to google for EVERY SINGLE tiny thing that you are worried about, you are going to end up diagnosing some pretty scary things in yourself and you will have a miserable pregnancy, expecting the worst all the time. In cases like this, it is best to turn off the computer and go take a bath. Or a nap.

p.s. , I recommend googling "supportive pregnancy websites." You won't find THIS site on the first 5 pages of hits. I know; I checked.

Re: listen, there is a time and a place for google

• Options
    imagejenerally:

If you have something SPECIFIC you want to know, then sure, google is your friend (I highly recommend checking it in most instances) 

But, if you run to google for EVERY SINGLE tiny thing that you are worried about, you are going to end up diagnosing some pretty scary things in yourself and you will have a miserable pregnancy, expecting the worst all the time. In cases like this, it is best to turn off the computer and go take a bath. Or a nap.

p.s. , I recommend googling "supportive pregnancy websites." You won't find THIS site on the first 5 pages of hits. I know; I checked.

You said it so well... ; )

• Options
    imagejenerally:

really???  I'm so shocked!?!  Surprise

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If this is about what I said I was just trying to clarify so that in three days when she wants a turkey sub....she isn't asking if it's safe.  I of course think that too much information can drive a person crazy in worry.  Which is no good either.
  • Options
    imagejenerally:

Amen to that. 

I once had some really bad neck pain, jaw pain, facial swelling, and a headache.  Dr.Google convinced me that I either had bacterial meningitis, or Aids.  What the?!  After seeing a real doc, I found out it was a slight case of TMJ, a problem with the jaw.  

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAlenaS:
    If this is about what I said I was just trying to clarify so that in three days when she wants a turkey sub....she isn't asking if it's safe.  I of course think that too much information can drive a person crazy in worry.  Which is no good either.

has nothing to do with you, dear. Just a PSA for 1st tri in general.

• Options

So true! I was even guilty of that last night.

BTW, I absolutely love your siggy pic. It made me lol and I even pointed it out to DH. :) Thanks for the laugh.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemargeincharge2:

So true! I was even guilty of that last night.

BTW, I absolutely love your siggy pic. It made me lol and I even pointed it out to DH. :) Thanks for the laugh.

np Wink

• Options
    imagejenerally:

I guarantee this will come as a shock to some people....  well said :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"