Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone a member of DirectBuy?

XP: DH and I attended their "Open House" today. All I can say is W-O-W... great opportunity to save lots of $$$! Anyone have objective opinions about it? I know it's a lot of $ for their membership fee but does anyone think it's worth it? We obviously didn't join today, but we're curious. TIA!

Re: Anyone a member of DirectBuy?

• Options
    I have a good friend who is a member. She said it's a good deal if you have an entire house full of stuff to buy (ie. appliances, furnishings, etc) because then you can leverage the savings over all those purchases to help offset the membership cost. She said if you're just going to make a few purchases then it's not worth the hefty membership fee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We own a home building company and furnish multiple model homes and the family shares the membership.... so everyone shares the membership!!!!  It has been worth it to us for that reason!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i googled it for more info one time and all i got was scam type stuff...
  • Options
    Am I allowed to ask how much it is? ?I've always been curious...
  • Options

imageLizzieInBliss:
    Am I allowed to ask how much it is?  I've always been curious...

I think when my friend joined it was around $3500. I think it's up to about $4000 now. OP, is that right?

• Options
    Uh... try $5,800+!!!!!! Yowsers!!!
  • Options
    Same as pp. I've heard it is great for large remodeling/furnishing projects, but not for smaller purchases.
  • Options

imageHawaiiBrideGrm:
    Uh... try $5,800+!!!!!! Yowsers!!!

So is their stuff really nice? Do they have a good selection? I'm just nosey because I always see their commercial that says something like "We saw this dining set for $32,000 at another store and only paid $17,000 at Direct Buy".  And I think...eww...that's ugly. I wouldn't have paid $500 for it at Rooms To Go.

• Options
    Yeah, they literally buy direct from the manufacturers... major ones like Maytag, Jenn-Aire, Levolor, Kohler, etc. They stock nothing and your order is placed directly through their warehouse from the manufacturer. You can order anything from them that is made by the manufacturer that you want.
  • Options
    I thought Direct Buy was a scam.  My policy is to never buy things off TV infomercials.
  • Options

imagecrzygirl:
    I thought Direct Buy was a scam.  My policy is to never buy things off TV infomercials.

Really? How do you survive? Are you sure you won't freeze to death without the Slanket? And your house won't fall apart without Mighty Putty? :)

• Options
    Definately do your research there are TONS of negative reviews. Their membership is around $6000 and unless you have a bunch of houses to furnish there is no way that any purchase will save you enough money to make up for the cost of the membership!
  • Options
    imageMrs Manners:

imagecrzygirl:

Really? How do you survive? Are you sure you won't freeze to death without the Slanket? And your house won't fall apart without Mighty Putty? :)

I don't even own towels, I just use the Sham Wow.  Like all the Olympic swimmers do!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"