Toddlers: 24 Months+

POLL

This is something that came to mind the other day and then I forgot - but the PP made me think of it!  :-)  I heard something on the radio that made me think of this - not an IRL situation!

If you husband were to divorce you and tell you he was gay and then move in with his lover - would you want your DC to spend time with him and his lover?!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: POLL

• still his Daddy. So yes.

But we are very open to all relationships, SIL is a lesbian and herself and her wife have adopted 3 children and have given them great lives!

However I couldn't imagine DH being gay!

• If he was gay... I'd hope the gay lover was a cleaner and great shopper and ask them to live with me. my husband and my house are a mess!  lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHalo79RN:
    If he was gay... I'd hope the gay lover was a cleaner and great shopper and ask them to live with me. my husband and my house are a mess!  lol. 

Ooh ooh ooh and that the lover did hair and would fix my hair every morning.

• Of course I would. If my husband were to love someone else then they must be pretty special to him. Man or woman it doesn't matter to me.

My feeling is a man is someone I can't compete with. That makes it not about me. It's about my husband's needs for something I can't bring to the relationship. It's not a failure on my part in my eyes. It's nature. You can't fight nature. 

• JulieandBen - I feel the same way - as long as my child is being loved then she has a right to be with her father.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • yeah, still her dad...

but I would be totally wigged out and confused and need therapy. I might spend the rest of my life wondering if I looked like a guy... or if I was totally?deluding?myself for our whole relationship.?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejessicada76:
    JulieandBen - I feel the same way - as long as my child is being loved then she has a right to be with her father.

Same here. He'd still be her daddy. I'm also a child of divorce, so I strongly feel that kids need to maintain relationships w/ their parents.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely, he's an amazing father and I wouldn't keep them apart.
  • For sure. Half of my uncles are gay, so I have zero problem with that at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"