Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Poop and Sleep ?

If your DC poops and falls asleep, do you wake them up to change the dirty diaper or do you wait for them to wake up from their nap?
2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA

Re: Poop and Sleep ?

• Options
    I change her as soon as I notice it.  I wouldn't want to sleep in my own poo so I just assume she wouldn't either.
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.- Art Buchwald Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For poop, I would change.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol.  I came across this situation for the first time yesterday.  I went to put DS down for his nap, and once he was in his crib, I could see he had small blow out!  For some strange reason, I didn't hear it happen when he was in his bouncy seat, nor did I smell it when I was rocking him to sleep for 5 minutes.  I didn't change him and I felt awful, but I figured he'd wake up when he was uncomfortable.  I knew he wouldn't sleep long and he didn't.  He was up within 45 minutes and that nap was over. 
  • Options
    i would wake ds to change him if he pooped.
  • Options
    One night, DS would NOT fall asleep. I'd get him ALMOST asleep and he'd poop. I didn't have the heart to let him sleep in poop, so I changed him. Then, got him ALMOST back to sleep- pooped again. He did this THREE times... in the middle of the night. Talk about frustrating. But I changed him all three times.
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I'm the bad mommy here.  :)
    If I had heard him poop or had even had the slightest inkling that he had pooped, I would have changed him.  But where he was fast asleep in his crib before I even knew anything, I didn't have the heart to wake him. 
  • Options
     I change it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"