Cincinnati Babies
Options

XP: Baby Lotions

What baby lotion works best for you?

B's skin is sooo dry, and Johnson's and Huggies aren't quite cutting it.  That and his skin is a little overly sensitive, and I think they're causing a mild rash...  TIA!

Re: XP: Baby Lotions

• Options
    We started using aquaphor when he had the eye problem and it works really well.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    We use Aveeno baby lotion, I also use Aquaphor on parts that seem super dry or chapped (cheeks, etc.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used Aveeno baby lotion before the cold weather hit.  The pedi recommended Cetaphil cream (in the tub) and Aquaphor for winter skin.   Aquaphor 3-4 times a day works the best for DD. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another vote for Aquaphor!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Aveeno and Burt's Bees Baby Bee seems to be the only bath wash & lotion Ava can use.  She gets a rash that looks like a sunburn and dry skin with anything else.  We also use Aquaphor but only for her cheeks and bottom (she seems to need this only on occasion when she gets really dry/chapped).

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    Burts Bees!  It is amazing for dry/sensitive skin.  We love it.  I just don't like all of the additives in some of the baby lotions and I don't like thinking about all of that sinking into DS's skin.  I like that Burts Bees is natural.  I know it is pricey, but one lotion has lasted us close to a year now. 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the tips ladies!  We've used Aquaphor on his face for a while now, and it helps a little.  Maybe I just need to put it on more than once/day. 

I bought Aveeno and Cetaphil when I was at the store tonight to try out over the next few days/weeks, and I also bought the Gentle Naturals Eczema stuff.  I'm pretty sure he has some patches of that after looking at some pics.  I'll test it in one spot and see if it helps.  If not, I'm going to call the pedi Monday because it's some other sort of rash...  If it doesn't work, then I have some new lotion to try out on my dry wintry skin!!!

• Options
    Ditto Alison.  Love Aveeno!
  • Options
    We use the Cetaphil cream that comes in the tub.  I use that all over his body, including his face, and then I put Aquaphor on top of that on his cheeks. We have to apply Aquaphor several times a day to his face, but it does seem to be working extremely well.  We also use the Cetaphil in the bath......the warm water really dries them out so the combo has done the job for us.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    Our DS has eczema and we use the Aveeno baby creamy body wash for his bath, then we put Aquaphor on his cheeks (and maybe in the creases of his elbows or legs, if needed) and we finish with the Aveeno lotion. It's really helped him a lot.
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"