Cincinnati Babies
Options

Moms of walkers...come on in! Re: Socks and shoes?

Well, we're on the move.  DS is cruising and trying to take a few steps on his own, so I need to get some socks with grippers on the bottom and some non-skid shoes.  Where did you find the socks?  I know Old Navy has them, but are the grippers on those enough (it's just the name and size, right)?

Also, are Pedipeds non-skid?  We have the knock-off Target kind, but they seem to be really smooth/easy to slip on the bottom.  What other shoes would you recommend for first walkers?  It's still too cold to go barefoot!!!

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Moms of walkers...come on in! Re: Socks and shoes?

• Options
    My dd refuses to wear socks in the house!!  When I can manage it, the Old Navy ones seem to work okay.  She usually tears the socks off though.  We don't have any pedipeds, but the knockoff robeez she has were okay too. 
  • Options
    Allison wears socks from Old Navy and Gap.  She still slips around a little even with the grippers and she pulls the socks off, anyway, so we put the Target knock-off Robeez on over the socks in the house.  She doesn't slip with those.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have some socks with grips from Baby Gap and Children's Place. I've tried no less than 3 different pairs of slippers, too, for around the house, but Piper hates them and for some reason says they "hurt".
  • Options
    We have a few pair of the Target "Robeez" and haven't had any issues... and we just use regular socks, most of his are from Kohls that we like the best, and only a few of them have grippers.  I haven't noticed him having any slippery issues!  Stride Rite has some great shoes for first walkers and they are having a big sale right now :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have Old Navy, Circo brand from Target and some from BRU that have grippers on them (I think they're called Miniwear).  They all work fine.  DD wears any shoes that match her outfit and has always walked fine in all of them, so I'm not someone who is stuck on using one kind of shoe for first walkers- she has wore Robeez and almost every shoe in Target.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"