Indiana Babies
Options

Medical people, question for you

I got my wisdome teeth taken out yesterday. They gave me motrin 800 to take every 8 hours and they also gave me hydrocodone to take every 4-6 for pain. MH asked, but forgot the answer. Do I take the motrin and then 4 hours later take the hydrocodone? I just don't want to take too much medication.  I have a call into my dentist, but while I wait I thought I'd ask.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Photobucket

Re: Medical people, question for you

• Options

Take the motrin every 8 hours regardless (it's an anti-inflammatory, like a strong Advil), and only take the hydrocodone (an opioid painkiller) if you need it.  Doesn't matter if you take them together or not, but staggering them might make it easier on your stomach.

You may well need the hydrocodone, so don't be afraid to take it... but too much hydrocodone can make you nauseous, and trust me, dry-heaving with stitches in your gums is REALLY uncomfortable.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Options
    great, thank you so much!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"