Multiples
Options

Exposed to Fifths Disease

I know that the chance of anything happening to the babies is soo small but I feel like with the mono/mono pregnancy I already have enough odds to fight against and I don't need more to worry about! Ugh, I just want to not worry about anything... but somehow I don't think that'll happen.

Re: Exposed to Fifths Disease

• Options

I was exposed in my first pregnancy, but never had any complications from it. There was also a student with it at school a few months ago, but I didn't really have any contact with her or her classroom so I tried not to worry.  All my dr. told me to do was wash my hands a lot and stay away from the kid if you could.  They did test me to see if I was immune, and I am not.  So that was scary to find out.  Just let your dr. know you were exposed and see what they want to do.  Hopefully it is nothing to worry about. 

• Options

I had blood drawn last night to see if I'm immune but haven't found out the results yet.  I had a really bad day yesterday and that was the icing on it.  The school nurse really played it down and said it was no big deal but then gives me this piece of paper that talks about pregnancy loss... great.  Eh, I'm sure I'm fine but I sort of feel like, really, something else?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i was exposed earlier in my pregnancy. I had the blood test done and it came back that i was immune. I wouldn't worry about it too much. the chances that you were exposed as a child are higher than if you weren't. keep us posted!
  • Options

has your OB done the blood test to see if you are immune or not? mine did - and go figure, i'm NOT immune, even after being a teacher for 5 years, a nanny/babysitter for many years and haveing my own child in daycre.

He assured me (as did our pedi) not to worry- that the chances of anything happening are so slim - esp since i never got it all these years.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"