Houston Babies
Options

Could use some good thoughts

I went in this afternoon for my much anticipated growth ultrasound. ?The good news is that all looked well with the baby and it measured as expected.

The bad news is I have a shortened cervix. ?The ultrasound earned me a direct trip to L&D. ?I was also having contractions due to all the poking around they did. ?We spent 3 hours in L&D and I had to take procardia to stop the contractions. ? Now I'm home on strict bed rest indefinitely. ?I have an appointment on Monday for an ffn test and another u/s with a high risk doctor next Friday.?

?If you could spare any good thoughts I'd appreciate it. ?DH is now going to have to do everything by himself and I don't know how to explain to an almost 2 year old that mom can no longer do anything for him.?

Re: Could use some good thoughts

• Options
    i'm so sorry. at least all looks good with the baby. i know it's going to be hard but you guys will make it through. O may understand more than you think... is there perhaps a service- sitter or cleaning or anything- you can call to give you a hand? if i was there, i would help myself :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this.  What high risk doctor are you seeing?   I saw Houston Perinatal Assoc. with DS and I loved them.  They were really good.  It's good that they caught your cervix changes early.  Feel free to visit the preemie board.  Many of us have been on extended bedrest and know how scary a high risk pregnancy is. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKellyMichelle:
    I'm sorry you are going through this.? What high risk doctor are you seeing??? I saw Houston Perinatal Assoc. with DS and I loved them.? They were really good.? It's good that they caught your cervix changes early.? Feel free to visit the preemie board.? Many of us have been on extended bedrest and know how scary a high risk pregnancy is. I will keep you in my prayers.

?

Thanks. ?We don't live in Houston anymore so we're going to see a doc my ob referred us to. ?I was pretty shocked that my cervix had shortened so much since I've felt far less contractions this pregnancy than I did with my first. ?I just need to hang on another 6-8 weeks.?

• Options

imagerayskit10:
    i'm so sorry. at least all looks good with the baby. i know it's going to be hard but you guys will make it through. O may understand more than you think... is there perhaps a service- sitter or cleaning or anything- you can call to give you a hand? if i was there, i would help myself :(

?Ooh, I hadn't even thought about hiring someone. ?That might be a good thing to look into, at least for help with cleaning. ?My dad and his wife leave for 3 weeks in Hawaii tomorrow morning. ?They had already planned to stop and visit us on their way home and my dad said they could stay as long as we need them. ?Right now our first goal is to survive this week.

• Options
    I am definitely sending good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Sending good thoughts your way! I think it's a great idea to get all the help you can right now.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    good luck! thoughts are with you, I hope you get some good news soon and get some help.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry!  I hope you get some good news at your appts next week. 
    Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hoping for good news for you!
  • Options

First and foremost, I am glad the little one is doing well.

However, I know how much bedrest sucks and I can only imagine how hard it will be with a toddler.  I hope things improve soon and you can get back on your feet.  The little one needs to cook a while longer - we still have at least 8-10 weeks before she/he can consider moving out!!

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"