Adoption
Options

how long did fostering approval process take?

From sending in application to doing classes to approval...how long did it all take? Thanks
Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption

Re: how long did fostering approval process take?

• Options
    i think i'm the rare case on this board - we applied May 23, 2007, started our classes June 5, 2007 (Tues nights, Thurs nights and Satuday (8 hours each for 3 weeks and one extra Saturday for CPR), all done by June 30, 2007, final home study - July 10th and we were licensed July 23, 2007 and a placement in our home an hour after licensing.
  • Options

I am not licensed yet - but hope to be soon.  We submitted our apps the end of Oct, and started our classes on Nov 3rd.  Classes were an entire month - 2 days a week, 3 hours each day.

Our paperwork was "lost" for a month so we did not get a resource worker assigned until Nov 24th.  But, we were able to do our classes that first month, so not a total loss.

We are still waiting for one local police check to come back so we can get schedule our final state inspection.

So, technically, we are only in the system 2 months.  I hope to get licensed ASAP

Good luck to you

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started the process in March 2008 and were licensed July 31, 2008. It would have been sooner but we my DH's schedule conflicted with the classes and had had to wait for the next training session to complete his. Except for this, everything happened very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"