Washington Babies
Options

Gavin gets to come home!

I am a bit emotional today - our baby Gavin is going to be released later this afternoon, Lucas however isn't able to come home until sunday since he had an episode of apnea a few days back - 5 days inbetween episodes is needed.

I am so happy that I have one "wireless" baby - they just took him off all of the monitors and it's amazing to walk around the room with him and hold him without him beeping.

I can't leave my little Lucas though, so the whole family is sticking together and we're able to all stay here until Lucas is released - however Gavin is our full responsibility now and we won't have nurses to help with him which is fine.

Last night we had our first family sleepover - man I'm exhausted today after 3 hour feeding schedules with twins - aka 2 hours of sleep in between!!! I love it at the same time, it's amazing that this will be life once we get to go home...

Re: Gavin gets to come home!

• Options
    Yeah Heather great news!!!!!  I am glad that you all get to stay there too....that will really help to have the whole family together!  Welcome half way home little Gavin!
  • Options
    wooo hooo!!  Soon you will all be home!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Way to go Gavin! Congrats to your family. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That's great news!

And how in the world do you feed twins?  I've always wondered.  Two at a time or one after the other?

Anyways, congrats again!

• Options
    That is amazing news, congrats!
  • Options
    imageapplecider:

That's great news!

And how in the world do you feed twins?  I've always wondered.  Two at a time or one after the other?

Anyways, congrats again!

HAHA - we do one after another, whoever screams loudest wins! when there is another person here (nurse, my mom or husband) we do both at about the same time). It's easier if they're spaced 20-30 min so one person can do it, but then you're feeding babies for an hour every 3 hours... crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"