Stay at Home Moms
Options

Any Scrapbookers out there?

Just wondering how you ladies scrap pictures of your little ones? Meaning, do you do theme albums, do you do one album per child, or do you just do a generic album in date order? Just curious! Thanks!

Re: Any Scrapbookers out there?

• Options
    I am not a mom yet...but I am in the process of making a scrapbook of my friends little girl...I got all the pictures in order from when she was born up until now..(she is 2)...and did theme pages of like holidays as she grew up...hope this helps....?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I do a generic album in date order for the year already. ?I'm pretty sure that I'll do it that way once dd is born. ?I think it's just easier for me and I like to see how much they grow from one month to the next.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    see and I've never scrapped in order like that. i've been scrapbooking for YEARS, but usually do theme albums-ABC of my family, Travel albums, pet albums, 2008 year in review, etc. but with the baby i can't decide if i want to keep doing it like that or go in date order. date order just seems like it would get boring? but i see what you ladies mean. i'll have to think about this one! i already have an album that is dedicated only to Jackson, and that one is pretty much in date order, but i didn't really do that consciously. who knows!
  • Options
    I do it by month for each child. I have 3 kids, so I make 3 pages a month. If we take a vacation, that gets a whole new srapbook, and I make 3 so each can have it when they are older.
  • Options
    I have been a non serious scrapbooker for 7 years but have decided this year I'm doing it before this baby comes, so I invested big time in everythign I could possibly need and I already have a couple years done! Now I feel like I'm more creative and efficient if I stick to 8x8 books. I also do it by years teh big event sin them trips holidays and just 2 pages for each kid on their year! I've had some seasoned scrapbooker compliment them so I'm happy! I always look at those catalogs and get motivated to do more but I'll telll ya its one expensive hobby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~*DUE MARCH 5th 2014*~

• Options
    I have been a non serious scrapbooker for 7 years but have decided this year I'm doing it before this baby comes, so I invested big time in everything I could possibly need and I already have a couple years done! Now I feel like I'm more creative and efficient if I stick to 8x8 books. I also do it by years teh big event sin them trips holidays and just 2 pages for each kid on their year! I've had some seasoned scrapbooker compliment them so I'm happy! I always look at those catalogs and get motivated to do more but I'll telll ya its one expensive hobby!

~*DUE MARCH 5th 2014*~

• Options

I definitely wouldn't consider myself a scrapbooker... I don't think I'm very good at it but I sure do love all those pretty papers and embellishments!!!  ha!  :)

What I have is a scrapbook with a 2-page layout for each month of Emily's 1st year because I had her picture made, professionally, each month of her first year... and I'm not actually done with it just yet.  I keep removing the pictures and starting over when I find papers and such that I like better than what I have.  haha  It's getting expensive!!!

I decided to just do an online site for Emily (babysites.com) for all the other photos since birth and I made a Photo Book Coffee table book for her each year where I journal a bit on almost every page and order the book that is printed and mailed to me.  I have 1 for each of her 2 years thus far. 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    I am a scrapbooker.  I'm actually a consultant of a scrapping and stamping company called Close To My Heart, mainly so my area has a consultant though and then I always have stuff.  I have 3 girls and I started out with one album for the first year. Then the next albums are just anything but in chronological order.  They each have 2 full albums and a third in the works.  Vacations are seperate albums though because I take so many pictures.  I have already scrapped pre-printed pages for my ds after he's born and can't wait to see the finished pages! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"