Blended Families
Options

stepmom's..did you do this?

when you met h's child for the first time, did you show up with gifts for him/her?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: stepmom's..did you do this?

• Options

Nope. you cannot buy there love, friendship, respect, trust, etc.

• Options
    xh's new gf did this.  i'm beginning to think she is a nut job.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  That seems like trying to hard to me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto. She is trying too hard to be accepted. I am not a fan of bribery to start a relationship. Later on down the road, well, that is a different story.
  • Options
    no way josie...sets the wrong tone.  You dont want them going to BM with that inkd of ammo!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You ARE the gift for them!! Smile

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

No.  I purposely met him at a time that there would be other family members around so it wouldn't put so much pressure on him

I did and still do give him little gifts for Halloween, Valentines Day, 1/2 birthday, ect.  Since I did it before we were married, I wanted to keep it up after.  It's fun for both of us.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not at all, didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to buy their love
    Misty & Victor Jr. Married August 5, 2006 - St. John, USVI BFP 11/1/09 - Natural M.C. 11/30/09
  • Options
    Nope - I didn't.
  • Options
    No, when we first met - we went to lunch and then just walked around the mall... It was in a nonconfrontational, easy going environment which I think made things easier...
  • Options
    Nope. I had briefly met Suzy about a year before we started dating at a work thing. But I really "met" her on our first date.
  • Options

I didn't at first, but now I kinda like spoling my step-daughter when she visits us.  She lives in Hawaii with her mom and sf, so we only get her a few times a year.

But now I'm worried how that will have to change when we have kids of our own, who we can't spoil all the time.

• Options
    Nope and I find the idea very strange.  Its not like seeing a baby for the first time, like someone else said you cannot buy love, friendship or respect...not sure the age you are asking about but kids can see through things too.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

No, I didn't bring anything other than me... but I am not a big gift giver as it is; I reserve them only for special occassions.

• Options

Nope, not me.

But growing up, several of my mom's BFs brought me gifts. I was a kid, I liked the gifts, but it didn't really change what I thought about them. I don't think it's necessary, but it's a nice gesture.

- Jena
  • Options
    Nope.  We went out to do a fun activity together and had lunch.  No gifts involved.  Now on the other hand, I pick things up for her all the time.  But that is a stepmommy's perogative! 
  • Options
    Nope.  She has only gotten one gift that is just from me...a Christmas gift since DH and I were not engaged or married yet.  Now she gets joint gifts from us, but only for events that call for gifts.  Since we live so far away we don't want her to think we are buying her love.  We send cards a lot though, usually with stickers in them, just to say "Hey, thinking of you, miss you, love you."
  • Options
    No.  Our first date was kind of more of a "play date".  We took all the kids to see a Scooby Doo movie, and then to McDonald's.  I got youngest ss to eat his whole hamburger, which is when DH says he fell in love with me.  LOL. 
  • Options
    No.  It was a fourth of July cook-out at my now BILs.  I brought a fruit salad, but not for the kids.
  • Options

I figured that I was good enough of a gift haha just kidding.

Our first date was valentine's day, so I brought them cards and candy. But I wouldn't have otherwise

• Options
    No but I gave my husband gifts:-)  He was just my bf at the time and this was his first baby.  I was around before SS was born. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No, it's bad enough they learn to play both ends to get what they want.  Setting that tone only makes it worse and teaches them from the get go!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"