Secondary IF
Options

Follow up to intro- Love this board already!

Wow, I love the support my intro was met with... thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate them immensely.

So a little more info so you know who you're talking with:     :)

It took us 6 cycles with DS, who is roughly 2 1/2 years old, and we're already on cycle 7... but, I only ovulated 2 months in 2008, another 2 were questionable and the remainder I had anovulatory cycles- the longest lasting 49 days. My husband is 42, 14 years my senior, and we have not had a SA done on him yet because we're waiting to see what happens by my third round of Clomid, should I get there. Also, he has two children-- our son together, and I have a stepson-- and so my Doc is reluctant to do a SA just yet.

I did round one of Clomid at 50mg and still didn't O; this past cycle I did 100mg and felt what I *think* might have been O pains, but still have not seen my OPK go positive yet... I am hoping I O'ed and I am just one of those women for which OPKs don't work, or who tested wrong (but really, the directions are so easy!...). I also have Endometriosis, but I have never had any of the scar tissue removed because my periods have not been horrendous, and also because I have a son to show for it not preventing pregnancy for me completely. I am horrified to have learned that Clomid can worsen Endo tissue, and now I am fearful that it will be just another complication on our road to TTC.

I am hoping, too, that I won't be here long, and I'm glad to have found a bunch of women in the same boat. I really thought this time around TTC I wouldn't feel rushed (we did last time, too) but now that I have had a child, I feel moreso for some reason.

Re: Follow up to intro- Love this board already!

• Options

Thanks for the more in-depth intro! :)  I wanted to tell a little about me - it's only fair, right? :)

We have un-explained fertility. We tired for 18 cycles for DS - including 3 rounds of clomid (50 mg) and one m/c.  For the first year, I just thought we weren't timing it quite right.  The first few months, we had just gotten married and we thought we'd just see what happened.  Then at about 5ish months, we started opks....and then I made the appt with my OB.  At about 14-15 months, she put me on clomid.  Didn't get pg month 1, got pg month 2 and miscarried...and then got pg with ds round 3.    After having DS, I assumed that I could get pg - but I would need clomid.  After 3-4 months of trying, we went back on clomid (50 mg - through my ob)...I had also picked up a CBEFM which should help tremendously.  Didn't get pg and took a month or two off.  Went back on Clomid, got pg, and m/c'd at 10 weeks.   Went to see an R/E and have had all the tests.  No reason that we're not getting pg.  I've had 3 rounds of clomid (100-150-150), a round of intercourse and 2 sets of back to back IUIs and still no BFP.  Not sure what we'll do next. :(

Anyway - I hope your stay is SHORT!  Baby dust to you!

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Welcome again !

I am really impressed with the ladies on this board.  Considering the amount of snark inducing drugs we all take it's a wonder that it is so nice here.

I am proud of us!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are another Clomid gal!  So am I!  I'm on my 5th cycle believe it or not.  We will probably stop after next month and try something new (and a new doctor).  Welcome and I hope your stay is short Smile
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"