Working Moms
Options

Benefits to employer for compressed workweek?

I am creating a proposal for a compressed workweek after my maternity leave.  So far for benefits for my company I have:

Increase morale and productivity, decrease absenteeism and operating costs, and provide longer blocks of time during the day for projects. 

I hope to cut to 34 hours in 4 days... so another benefit is savings from budget with my decreased salary due to decreased hours.

Any other ideas???

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Benefits to employer for compressed workweek?

• Options

I'm sure any company would be glad to save money, especially right now. I know productivity is always an argument. Do you work in a team at all? I'm trying to think of any benefits to them, or preparing for arguments if the company says that your decreased hours will negatively impact a team.

Really, though, it sounds like you have it covered. I would go in with any research that might be available, especially anything that's relevant to your particular field/company. GL! 

• Options

My company offers flexible work arrangements (including compressed work weeks), and I have a slide deck talking about the various benefits for the company:

- maximizing employee productivity

- providing a competitive advantage around recruiting/retention

- enabling innovation and inclusiveness

- increased employee commitment

- improved employee satisfaction/morale

- takes advantage of technology advances that allow for anytime/anywhere work (this is particularly relevant for my company as we are a technology company, might be less relevant in other fields)

- builds trust with employees

There's a lot more stuff in there, including how to measure success, some positive comments from people who are on FWA's now, etc... if you want to email me at lisa@winisp.net, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Not so much related to the benefits but another option you may want to consider.  I just started working 9 hour days with a 1/2 hour lunch.  My hours are 7am to 4:30 pm. 

I work 5 days one week and 4 days the following week.  I still put in just as much time in the office but it allows me an extra day every other week to be with DD.

Just be sure to include in your proposal the things you WILL do:

- make other aware of your new schedule

- willing to change up the days you work if an important meeting can only be schedule on your "scheduled" day off

- be available remotely for an hour or two on your "scheduled" day off in case of emergencies

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies... very helpful! Flyer- I just sent you an email... I would love to look at that information.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"