Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How much does IVF cost?

I know insurance doesn't cover it but I am just wondering in case we end up there.  TIA

Re: How much does IVF cost?

• Options

it varies per clinic and what procedures you get- but it can range from $8k- $20k per cycle (without meds)

however i think it tends to be less than people think- my IVF cycles were about $10k + $4k for meds = $15k with odds & ends added in.

you can also doa  "shared risk" program where you pay anywhere from $10k-20k+ and you get a certain # of cycles guaranteed & if you get pregnant, GREAT! it was worth it- but if you don't then you can do another cycle w/o having to pay even more money.

and FET would be cheaper (frozen embryo transfer) at around $4k or so (if you end up with frozen embryos)- i hope this helps.

i'm sorry for your loss & i hope that IVF isn't needed!

• Options
    Thank you soo much for your response. Congrats and best of luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, t.bird's right. ?There's a big range from clinic to clinic and much of it will depend on what's required for your particular case/protocol. ?

You may want to dig in to your insurance policy. ?You may have coverage, it varies by employer. ?Also, you could have partial coverage, so perhaps testing and routine diagnostics (u/s and b/w) will be covered but the meds or actual ER and ET procedures won't be. ?There's so much variance.?

I'm so sorry for your losses. ?

• Options

Mine was a little higher than usual at my clinic because we did ICSI and PGD and I'm a slow responder so I needed more meds.  That one was around 20k.  Without the extras it probably would have been closer to 13-14k. 

Definitely look at your insurance policy.  I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that you don't need IVF. 

• Options
    Our first IVF where we conceived our son ran us $18,000.  We tried a frozen transfer in August, and that was a lot cheaper - only $3,000, but it didn't work.  After this m/c, we are going to try IVF again this summer, and since it is our second try we get a discount.  It should be around $11,000.  I sure hope we can conceive naturally before summer and save some major money!!  (Money we don't have and will have to borrow.)  Infertility sucks!!
    Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
    Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"