Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How did I survive without a pacifier?!

DD has refused to take a bottle or a pacifier for the last several months. She never really took to the pacifier and although she took a bottle fine at first, she got picky and would take nothing but the breast. A couple days ago I tried giving her the pacifier again (since she was constantly trying to suck on her hands) and she LOVES it! She is also taking a bottle again! I am so beside myself with joy! I can actually put her to sleep now with just the pacifier and not having the be the human pacifier.This means that I can actually leave her w/ DH for more than a couple hours if need be.  I just had to share my excitement!!

Re: How did I survive without a pacifier?!

• Options
    DS did the same thing and now he's a paci addict. Oh well, at least he's happy now!
  • Options
    The paci is my best friend.  She took to it right away and it's saved my sanity this entire time.  I don't know what we'd do without it.  I actually panic when there isn't a paci within arm's reach.  I know I'll regret this later, but I'm choosing to live in the now with her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Isn't it funny how they just randomly change what they like...you keep thinking you have your baby figured out and she throws you a curveball.  Smile 

I keep trying to remind myself of my child-rearing mantra:  just because it doesn't work today, doesn't mean it won't work tomorrow.  We had a similar incident...Piper use to LOVE her Soothie pacifier and always spit out the Nuk.  Then, when I switched her to the "Super" Soothie, she kept chewing on it and we thought we lost our "baby cork" option.  So, I pulled out those Nuks and now she LOVES them.  Just guess she finally "grew" into them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"