Virginia Babies
Options

Anyone live in Blacksburg/Roanoke area?

Hi - My family and I live in Alexandria but will be moving to Blacksburg next year.  I'd love to hear what you think about the area - where do you eat, what preschools do your kids go to, what do you do for fun?  Can you recommend a pediatrician or ob/gyn?  If you know anyone who had to use the NICU in Roanoke, that would be especially helpful - I had DS at 33 weeks due to preeclampsia and he spent 24 days in the NICU and I'm trying to prepare for a possible second round of perinatologists and NICUs!  Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Anyone live in Blacksburg/Roanoke area?

• Options

I'm originally from the surrounding area, not Blacksburg so I can't say much about that area but I just wanted to tell you how WONDERFUL Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital is.  I don't have any experience with their NICU but I do know that they've got an excelled L&D and Mother/Baby unit so I would expect no less from their NICU.  They just opened a Children's ER and are very focused on children and their health issues. 

As for OB/GYN, if you're willing to have a doc in Roanoke, I would HIGHLY recommend the doctors of Physicians to Women.  I am almost positive that they have a perinatologist and all of the doctors I've dealt with there have been fabulous.  I especially like Dr. Curtiss and Dr. Martin.  I can't personally recommend a pediatrician because we used one in another town and then moved but there is a pediatrician's office located in the same building as Physicans to Women (they're Physicians to Children) and I have some family members who use them and seem to love them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"