D.C. Area Babies
Options

Nausea, gas, constipation!

Is anyone suffering as much as I am!  So the Doctor gave me a prescription for nausea medication - Ondanestron HCL and it works.  I can take it every 6 hours as needed but I'm trying to not to be so dependent on it.  The gingerale and crackers don't work.  I'm so bloated and I'm gaining some weight because my pants are fitting tighter!  This is will be my third child but its been so long.  My daughter is 20 and my son is 17.  Why now you ask?  Well, I found a wonderful man who I married in October 08, my second chance at happiness!  This will be his first.  It's so exciting but I'm so sick most of the time.  200+ days to go...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nausea, gas, constipation!

• Options

Congrats to you!!!  What an adventure, I'm sure your son and daughter are so excited for you!

This is my second pregnancy and the whole thing has been harder than the first - esp. that first trimester.  I took Reglan for nausea, which I dubbed "the poor man's Zofran."  I took it before I ate for every single meal - I too wanted to not depend on it so much, but it helped so much, I became pretty dependent on it.  With any luck you won't need the medication for too much longer.  I think I took mine from about 6 weeks to about 15 weeks.

And my pants fit tighter way earlier with this pregnancy. I think I started wearing maternity clothes at like 10 weeks, as opposed to maybe 16 weeks last time.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    No words of wisdom to aid in your suffering, but I wanted to wish you congrats on your second chance at happiness!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats! 

Protein was my friend for the nausea - recommended by my dr. And my dr said this is the one time in your life when you don't need to worry about cholesterol since the baby needs it. 

I was just talking to another Nestie the other day how Arby's RB sandwiches (of all things!) saved both of us. I'd feel great for a little while after I ate. I was going through 2 sandwiches a day - I'd cut them into pieces and eat one whenever the nausea came back.

• Options
    I just want to send congratulations...and a reminder that this will all be worth it in the end!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! ?How exciting. ?I hope this is the worst of it and it gets better soon. Welcome to the board! ?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This is my second pregnancy and all the symptoms have been 10 times worse.  I also went on Ondansetron.  At first I needed it twice a day (I never woke up to puke so I didn't take it at night) and eventually I got down to once a day (mornings since I wasn't puking in the evenings anymore).  Now I am totally off it (around 24 weeks) but still very nauseous and it gets worse as the day goes on, just not puking.  I did find that if I tried to skip a day or two it got worse and it was best for me to take it consistently or the puking came back full force and took a few days to get better again.

Also with the constipation, that was due to the Ondansetron for me.  I am back to regular now that I am off it and my sister had the same experience while she was on Zofran (non-generic Ondansetron).  I tried Colace but did want to be taking too many of those a day and they really didn't help much so I just ried to really up my fiber intake with apples and prunes and any kind of juice.  All my normal triggers for getting things moving (dairy, caffeine, etc) did nothing.  I just tried to make sure I was at home when I had to go and block out a good portion of time but it was miserable for a while.  This was really the biggest reason I kept trying to stop taking the Ondansetron.

Good luck though!  The symptoms can really suck but they go away at different times for everyone so hears to hoping they go away sooner rather than later though. 

• Options
    Yikes!  I was very sick during my pregnancies with both my children.  I threw up every day til I gave birth with my daughter and for my son it was off and on.  I haven't vomited yet, but if I smell something in the refrigerator I go running or else.  I can't cook and don't have an appetite for anything in particular, everything makes me feel sick.  The constipation is getting worse and maybe it is the Ondansetron.  I'm trying to drink plenty of water and lots of fiber.  My children think I'm so dramatic! lol  O, and my daughter is jealous, unbelievable, she's 20! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"