Pregnant after 35
Options

Thank God for this board!

Hello Ladies -

I am not pregnant yet but I am 39, got pregnant in May 2007 and that ended in miscarriage, had IVF in June of 2008 which worked but we miscarried that one as well.

I am getting ready to start the IVF process all over again but have been repeatedly told that "I am old", "My eggs are old and  therefore not good quality" and "the chance of me having a live birth is 20%"

It is so refreshing to see you ladies in your late 30s and 40s with success stories.  It gives me hope that I too will someday be pregnant even though my 40th birthday seems to lurk closer and closer.

Thank you for your stories!

Re: Thank God for this board!

• Options

Best of luck to you!  This board is an oasis of sanity, sadly it is a slower board.  I guess that's one of the prices we pay for being more 'seasoned' than some of the bump regulars.

Just FYI - I am a success story for you.  DS #1 born when I was 37 and DS #2 born two weeks ago.  I'm 39 now.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    I agree that it's nice to have some ladies our age going through the process to check in with. Best of luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is an amazing board! Wishing you lots of luck.
  • Options
    Good luck!  Don't give up hope, and I am sure we shall be seeing you soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Keep posting with updates... and good luck.
  • Options
    It's always nice to see what can happen with old eggs!  Wink  Best of luck to you in your next round for a happy, healthy, sticky BFP!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Ive been on the 1st Tri board and found some of them very nasty.

I  love this 35+ board. Much more sanity and support. And you make me chuckle and not feel alone xx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"