Houston Babies
Options

I have a confession.....

I've never spent a night away from Maddie. 

Our 5th anniversary is coming up soon and DH is suggesting we take a trip.  I keep telling him we should just do a nice dinner and get my parents to babysit so we can save money for a family vacation this summer......but in reality it's because I'm scared sh!tless of leaving her.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I have a confession.....

• Options
    Awww...we're going to have our first night away from DD in March when we shoot an OOT wedding.  I am SO nervous!
  • Options
    I don't think that's a bad thing. We've had plenty of nights away from Addie but not too many family vacations oot, I feel a little bad about that. But to each her own, if you're not comfortable yet then wait. What about a night at a hotel in town? Then you'd be close if she needs you (or vice versa) and you'd still have a romantic night away.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is a big decision~ good luck with it.  I might try somewthing close to home at first if you are nervous.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    I have only been away from Joshua for one night and it was because I had just had a baby.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been away from Owen overnight either. ?We might do something short and close by late spring or summer - but maybe not.?
  • Options

My first and only night away from Alex was when I had Foster on Thursday!  I hated being away from him, but at least DH was here with him. 

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it's your parents and your first time away, I would try something in town, but overnight.  (i.e. go to a nice hotel or something)

My mom keeps DD one night every week (usually Thursdays) ever since she was 4 months old.  I LOVE IT!  I sometimes feel like a bad parent for saying that I enjoy the night without a kid, but honestly, it's best for me and DH.  We get to have a quiet evening together, go watch a movie or have a nice dinner, etc...  I wouldn't do it if my mom wasn't around, but I trust me mom completely and she takes care of her during the day time anyways. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

Totally normal.  I agree with the pp's about taking small steps to see what you are comfortable with.

I, on the other hand, have left my children A LOT.  I love to travel and I am blessed with wonderful parents and IL's who take excellent care of my children.

• Options
    imageLisaK2b:

If it's your parents and your first time away, I would try something in town, but overnight.  (i.e. go to a nice hotel or something)

My mom keeps DD one night every week (usually Thursdays) ever since she was 4 months old.  I LOVE IT!  I sometimes feel like a bad parent for saying that I enjoy the night without a kid, but honestly, it's best for me and DH.  We get to have a quiet evening together, go watch a movie or have a nice dinner, etc...  I wouldn't do it if my mom wasn't around, but I trust me mom completely and she takes care of her during the day time anyways. 

Girl, you are SO lucky your mom is such a willing babysitter! Count your blessings!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCallMeKel:
    imageLisaK2b:

Girl, you are SO lucky your mom is such a willing babysitter! Count your blessings!

hahaha...yes yes, I hear my friends tell me this all the day.  AND my mom cooks dinner for us during the weekdays (except Tuesday), which we just take home and put on our plates to eat! =) 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    Reagan has never been away from us either. Depending on when I go into labor she may be staying the night at my aunts if DH is with me.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"